To assist in managing the maintenance of plant and equipment to significantly improve plant performance and reliability through the management and coordination of all maintenance and engineering activities within a large scale, complex, defined area.
To assist the plant engineer manager in defining, implementing and managing a risk based maintenance strategy for area of control in order to meet the business, safety, environmental, financial and operations objectives at minimum cost and in the safest manner.
- Assist in managing, coordinating and control all aspects of engineering in order to meet agreed departmental objectives.
• Assist in developing the maintenance strategy for a defined area in conjunction with the plant engineer manager.
• Manage and control the maintenance strategy on a day to day basis, including routine, special and stop period maintenance and to develop and implement capital activities.
• Ensure control of hazards, health & safety and environmental standards and targets are met and maintained within defined company procedures and legislative requirements.
• Identify areas for engineering and financial improvement and enable their inception whilst maintaining an appropriate level of availability and reliability of equipment.
• Ensure the safe and effective introduction of new equipment, capital expenditure and process improvement technologies.
• Determine training requirements and prepare training plans
• Assist in preparing and managing engineering budgets, forecasts and plans.
• Undertake any other reasonable task as required by the plant Engineer manager.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree with ideally a minimum of 8 years’ experience in process, technical or engineering discipline. 6 years must have been in a managerial role.
• Must have worked in dairy or beverages industry
• Requires an expert understanding of maintenance and engineering processes and strategies
• Requires knowledge and understanding of OSHA and the requirements of a top tier site
• Must demonstrate previous success in introducing risk based maintenance techniques into industrial / manufacturing organizations
• Must be familiar with computerized maintenance management systems and working knowledge of SAP ERP would be an added advantage
• Professionally chartered engineer, with significant experience in risk based maintenance engineering and people management.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to ‘[email protected]’ indicating the job title “ASSISTANT PLANT ENGINEER ” on the subject line by 24th March 2017.