Uganda Post Limited (Posta Uganda) is a wholly-owned government company which is the leading provider of a wide range of postal, logistical, IT and financial services in Uganda with international links to all major postal administrations worldwide.
Job Summary: The Assistant Post Officer will mainly ensure quick and accurate processing and delivery of client mail in the area of deployment
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will be tasked with opening of mail bags assigned by the supervisor.
• Organize mailbags and mail items for delivery.
• In charge of securing damaged and torn items
• Acceptance and delivery of mail items and invoices to designated addressees.
• Receive mail and sort it according to addressee and destination.
• The incumbent will pick up of mail items from assigned addressees.
• Maintain all IT equipment e.g. Computers, routers, hubs, keyboards, mice, monitor and any other IT equipment at the office.
• Support clients in accessing their mails, websites, print, fax, and scan and photocopy their documents.
• Manage the usage of internet cafe ensuring optimum revenue generation and maintain the internet cafe at an operational and neat standard.
• Prepare and submit routine reports and any other relevant paperwork as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Assistant Post Officers should hold diplomas either in Marketing, Business Administration or Business studies from a recognized institution
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated and able to achieve stretching targets with minimal supervision.
• Computer literacy skills
• Excellent organizational and planning skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, detailed CVs and certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates to:
The Head, Department of Human Resource and Administration,
P.O. Box 7106 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 11th September, 2015