Reference Number: ARONA130815
Category: Research, Science and Biotechnology
JOB PURPOSE: To support the development and adaptation of measures of cognitive functioning and psychological adjustment for use among adolescents and their caregivers in Kilifi.
Project Principal Investigator
- Carry out a scoping review to identify published measures of cognitive functioning and psychological adjustment for use among adolescents and their caregivers that are most appropriate for further evaluation in Kilifi.
- Translate identified measures, and manuals into Kiswahili.
- Run focus group discussions and in-depth interviews to check for content validity.
- Carry out the initial piloting of these tools.
- Carry out both qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Contribute to preparing scientific manuscripts arising from this work.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, or allied professions including Nursing, and Education.
- Experience with qualitative data collection and analysis
- Ability to use NVIVO for data analysis
- Working knowledge of SPSS or R.
- Ability to write a scientific manuscript
- Basic knowledge of neurocognitive assessment
- Demonstrable knowledge of scoping reviews for evaluation of psychological tools
- Experience in psychometric evaluation of assessment scales
- Experience of recruiting and working with families with vulnerable children.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data analysis process;
- Ability to plan own workload and keep accurate records of work done.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to organize work schedule to meet tight deadlines.
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 28th August, 2015.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).