Assistant Research Officer Job at Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute
(RI.9) – POSITIONS – ONE (1)
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (KMFRI), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries was established by an Act of parliament (The Science and Technology Act Cap. 250 of the Laws of Kenya of 1979) which has since been repealed by The Science, Technology and Innovation Act No.28 of 2013.
The Institute mandate is to undertake research in marine and freshwater fisheries, aquaculture, environmental and ecological studies, in order to provide scientific data and information for sustainable exploitation, management and conservation of Kenya’s fisheries resources, and contribute to National strategies of food security, poverty alleviation, clean environment and creation of employment as provided for under vision 2030.
The Institute has Research Centers and Stations located at Mombasa, Kisumu, Nairobi, Naivasha, Baringo, Kegati, Sangoro, Sag-ana and Turkana.
KMFRI is seeking to recruit self-motivated professionals who are team players to fill the following vacant positions within its approved establishment:
Duties for the Assistant Research Officer Job
- Prepare and submit environmental permit applications and ensure permits are obtained;
- Participate in the investigation and characterization of aquatic sediment through fieldwork;
- Participate in the collection of underwater samples and data using specialized monitoring equipment;
- Participate in the Analysis and documentation of all site samples and data collection;
- Produce data reports and organize into databases;
- Participate in aquatic dredge and disposal based on sediment characterizations;
- Develop models and graphical representation of ocean floor observations and measurements and
- Any other duties in the arear of specialization as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Assistant Research Officer Job Requirements
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum grade of C+ or equivalent;
- Bachelor of Science Degree in geological oceanography, marine geology or equivalent field of study from a recognized university.
- Must be Computer literate
How to Apply
Remuneration – Basic Salaries per cadre will be as follows:-
- Job Group RI.8 – Minimum KShs.31,020.00 Maximum KShs.41,590.00pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.9 – Minimum KShs.35,910.00 Maximum KShs.45,880.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.10 – Minimum KShs.41,590.00 Maximum KShs.55,840.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.12 – Minimum KShs.77,527.00 Maximum KShs.103,894.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
These positions are permanent and pensionable. Applicants for Job Group RI. 12 must comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications with a detailed resume and copies of certificates and testimonials to the address shown below not later than 14th June 2017.
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P.O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Phone: 020-8021560, 020-8021561
Email: [email protected]
KMFRI is an Equal opportunity Employer.
Note:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.