Assistant Research Officer NGO Job in Kenya- (6 Months Contract)
Reference Number: ARO310817
Category: Clinical Healthcare and Research
JOB PURPOSE:The job holder will assist in the translation of test materials and administration of a parent skill training intervention for families of children with Neurodisability.
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: 2
- Contribute to the preparation of study materials including manuals, and questionnaires
- Contribute to data collection, and data management. Specifically,
- Run focus group discussions.
- Run a parenting programme.
- Participate in planning and carrying out community mobilization activities.
- Provide support and guidance to the Field Workers on data collection, resolve any problems and report on actions taken.
- Contribute to data analysis and dissemination.
- Prepare weekly reports to be submitted to our collaborators.
- Take care of assigned equipment including timely reporting of damages and required repairs.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor degree in Psychology, Education, Community development and other allied fields.
- One year relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with data analysis especially qualitative methods.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES:
- Has co-ordination and management skills or technical skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good written and oral skills, evidence of good written skills will be highly desirable.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player with the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in both English and Kiswahili is required. Knowledge of a Mijikenda language especially Kigiryma is desirable.