Assistant Security Manager Job At Unilever
Location: Kericho, Kenya
Relocation terms: Open to Kenyan Citizens Only!
Main Purpose of the Job
Co-ordination, supervision and advice to management on effective security management systems within the business. Ensure that threats to personnel, assets, and business operations/activities within the area are properly identified, evaluated and countered in a timely and cost effective manner.
Assistant Security Manager Job Responsibilities
- Advise management on any specific threats to company personnel + family, assets & information and business operations/activities as they become known.
- Ensuring implementation of security policy and procedures and revising them where necessary.
- In conjunction with the Security Manager, develop and implement security awareness programs or processes and to protect life, corporate assets and to ensure business continuity
- Devising and co-ordinating appropriate security training for security personnel & other nominated personnel
- Managing effective investigations on detected and reported breaches of security and security incidents.
- Provide briefings for the international staff/visitors on in country security issues on arrival and on the security situation in the country.
- Initiate and co-ordinate an immediate response to security incidents where there is a threat to Company employees and assets so as to ensure minimised loss or injury. If necessary, to respond personally to these threats
- Ensure safety and security of employees whilst on Company premises and in transit
- Liaise with and develop relationships with various Law Enforcement & Emergency Services in the event of a security incident/emergency (i.e. fire, medical, mechanical breakdown) and to ensure timely reaction to incidents
- Ensuring security reports are submitted on time. Work closely with the site security coordinators to ensure that all security measures are appropriate based on the security risk
- Review security architecture and ensure that existing controls are adequate, effective and aligned to achieve management objectives
- Drive the implementation of effective and cost-efficient security solutions to Unilever premises
- Ensure that sufficient resources are available to effectively implement the security plan and to liaise with and ensure that all HR measures are compliant
- Liaise and co-ordinate with and support other functions having impact on security like HR (background verification)
- Manage security vendors, and facilitate optimal delivery by them
- Work closely with the Security Manager to ensure there is a consistent approach to security aligned with group security objectives and escalate major incidents as necessary
- Management oversight of Protective Intelligence. (Oversee intelligence collection efforts designed to help
- Unilever avoid the disruptive effects of crime, terrorism, etc)
- Preparing high quality reports including intelligence briefing, threats assessments and investigative reports;
- Be responsible for Executive and Event Protection
- Ensure security training and awareness sessions for security staff, vendors / third parties and employees
- Overseeing the budget and expenditures of the above areas of responsibility and working with the Security
- Manager to ensure expenditure is reasonable based on the risk.
Qualifications For Assistant Security Manager Job
- Be a University Graduate in Criminology or other Social Science Subject
- Served in the Armed Forces or police as a Corporal and above (and at least 10 years’ service).
- At least 3 years’ experience in Security Management. (Will be an added advantage)
- Sound knowledge of physical and electronic security- access procedures, perimeter protection, CCTV, intruder alarms
- Ability to provide a security input in contingency plans
- Sound understanding of principles in the protection of company information, including computer bases and measures required to achieve this
- Computer Literate
- No Criminal Record
How to Apply