Reports to:Treasury Accountant
Directorate:Finance and Procurement
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries. Employing over 900 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $100 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
Job Purpose:To process Amref Health Africa Headquarters’ and Amref Health Africa in Kenya payments including preparation of EFT, Cheque and Mpesa vouchers/schedules as appropriate.
Qualifications for the Assistant Treasury Accountant Job
- Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field
- CPA II
- 2 years’ experience
- Experience handling multi-currency transactions
Skills and Competencies
- Team work
- Ability to work within deadlines and ability to make timely and well considered decisions based on corporate policies
Assistant Treasury Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Process approved supplier payments and staff advances through EFT, cheques or Mpesa as appropriate
- Process country call downs as approved by Management
- Creation and input of supplier bank details (on basis of an independent written confirmation) into Sun Accounting System
Banking of receipts
- Bank all receipts including student payments and staff surrenders, ensuring a detailed receipt schedule is prepared matching the balance paid in Interledger reconciliations
- Prepare monthly interledger reconciliations with all Country Offices and ensure outstanding entries are promptly dealt with so that there are no outstanding items at the year end
Cash and Bank Management
- Monitor bank balances to ensure adequacy of funds for smooth daAily operation of the bank accounts and to detect any reconciling items
- Process foreign exchange conversion and fixed deposit investments as approved by Senior Management
How to Apply
If you feel you are a logical thinker and have precise attention to detail please quote the reference number for the position as indicated on the subject line of your email and send your CV and motivation letter to[email protected]We encourage interested candidates to submit their applications by Wednesday, 9 November2016. Please note that feedback will be given to shortlisted candidates only.Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.