ATC is the corporate commercial arm of the Co-operative University College of Kenya charged with the mandate to create the outreach of the College’s academic knowledge through the provision of business solutions to the agricultural, co-operative sectors and the associate economy.
In so doing, ATC fulfils the needs of diverse groupings within the co-operative movement, agricultural sector, rural development and the associative economy.
In our quest to uphold leadership and excellence, ATC seeks to recruit an innovative, experienced and result oriented Administration Assistant on a three (3) years renewable contract (with 3 months probation period).
Advert Ref: A/1/2015
Based in Karen or any other place as need arises and reporting to the Administration Officer, the Administration Assistant will be required to source for business through recruitment of participants, ensure efficient and timely delivery of the respective services to internal and external clients and coordinate training programmes implementation to the required standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:Major responsibility will be to ensure efficient and timely delivery of the respective services to internal and external clients.
Assure adequate functioning and appearance of the office including but not limited to:
- Ensure security of office assets, documents and equipment
- Coordinating and handling travel arrangements
- Recruitment of participants for scheduled trainings and coordinating trainings
- Assisting Finance Officer in procurement of goods through sourcing of quotations & preparation of LPO’s.
- Handling Petty cash and office requisition (stores)
- Managing Filing system (Physical & electronics)
- Preparing payments vouchers and writing of cheques as required by Finance & Admin and follow-up on settlement of utility bills and follow-up of payments from debtors
- Ensure rules and procedures in place regarding working hours, lunch, office closure and communications about security
- Controlling office expense: water, electricity, logistic support for experts.
- Ensuring employee’s safety in the office and conducting regular security drills
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes.
- Providing secretarial and reception services
- Support planning and booking for meetings and conferences
- Prepare and serve refreshments in the absence of office assistant
- Perform any other responsibilities and duties assigned
- Computer Proficiency: In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Communicate effectively with staff/executives – Effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, excellent planning, organizing and time management skills.
- Customer-service orientation.
- A good marketer
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in public relations / procurement / marketing / secretarial / management / administration or any other relevant diploma
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in training, proposal development / conducting consultancies
- Experience in consultancy and trainings will be an added advantage
- Qualification in Information Technology will also be an added advantage
applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the above position.
The application letter must be submitted with a detailed CV containing email address, day time telephone contacts, copies of certificates and testimonials, and three referees to reach the undersigned not later than 25th August, 2015
The Chief Executive Officer Agri and Co-operative Training & Consultancy Services Ltd (ATC) P. O. Box 465-00502 Karen, Nairobi
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.