Athi Water Services Board (AWSB) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation.
It is mandated to plan and develop / expand infrastructure for bulk water supply and waste water in Nairobi and Kiambu Counties, and Gatanga District in Murang’a County.
The Board intends to fill the following vacant position:-
Job Ref. AWSB/CE/5/2015
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to Senior Engineer, the position holder will be responsible for the following duties:-
• Assist in design and supervision of water services infrastructure construction;
• Assist in preparation of specifications, contract documents and costing of various operations that go into the design construction of water services infrastructure;
• Oversee project implementation including monitoring and evaluating project activities;
• Supervise the construction and rehabilitation of water services infrastructure.
• Continually review engineering operations, work systems, equipment and techniques and activities and generate improvement plans;
• Assist urban and rural communities in allocated region to develop infrastructure;
• Prepare tender documents including engineering drawings, bills of quantities, specifications and contract documents;
• Prepare Terms of Reference (TORs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) as required for acquisition of various consultants;
• Prepare and submit technical, project and progress reports as required.
Requirements for Appointment:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University;
• Registration as a Graduate Engineer with ERB;
• Not less than three (3) years’ relevant working experience;
• Qualification in use of Auto –Cad and Microsoft (open) office suite will be an added advantage;
• Computer literacy and familiarity with standards office and engineering computer packages such as Auto-Cad, GIS, etc.;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Registration as a Graduate Engineer with ERB will be an added advantage;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications quoting the title and reference number of the post being applied for and enclose detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, copy of National ID, current position, remuneration, email address and telephone contact plus names and contacts of three (3) referees so as to reach the undersigned on or before 21st October, 2015 Chief Executive Officer, Athi Water Services Board, Africa-Re Centre, Hospital Road, P.O. Box 45283 – 00100, Nairobi Email: [email protected] Athi Water is an equal opportunity employer and all Kenyans in their diversity are encouraged to apply.