Athi Water Services Board (AWSB) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation.
It is mandated to plan and develop / expand infrastructure for bulk water supply and waste water in Nairobi and Kiambu Counties, and Gatanga District in Murang’a County.
The Board intends to fill the following vacant position:-
Corporate Communications Officer
Job Ref. AWSB/SCCO/5/2015
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager Corporate Communications, the job holder will be responsible for the following duties:-
• Assist in development and implementation of an effective internal and external communication strategies;
• Coordinate the Board’s customer care practices to ensure a good public image;
• Prepare and present project briefs (print and electronic), promotional materials and other forms of communication;
• Coordinate conferences, stakeholder’s forums, trade shows and press interviews.
• Assist in development of press releases, media adverts, articles, supplements and project documentation;
• Coordinate proactive and reactive media tours and organize press conferences;
• Assist in development and implementation of a proactive process for capturing, monitoring customer online reviews and ratings and responding to them accordingly;
• Create and manage all published content (images, video and written) on the Board’s social media pages;Oversee design and layout of Social Media pages (Facebook timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog);
• Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating a good corporate image for the Board;
• Conduct online advocacy and blog for the organization;
• Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns;
• Design, upload and manage content on the Board’s website.
Requirements for Appointment:
• A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or other relevant field from recognized institution(s);
• Not less than three (3) years’ relevant working experience;
• Proven writing skills, PowerPoint presentation development skills and excellent command of English language;
• Demonstrate creativity and documented immersion in Social Media. (Give links to profiles as evidence);
• In-depth knowledge, experience and understanding of Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google + Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest).
• Be highly analytical, assertive and a team player;
• Proficiency in Creative Design Applications, specifically: The Adobe Creative Suite (Corel Draw, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator);
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications quoting the title and reference number of the post being applied for and enclose detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, copy of National ID, current position, remuneration, email address and telephone contact plus names and contacts of three (3) referees so as to reach the undersigned on or before 21st October, 2015 Chief Executive Officer, Athi Water Services Board, Africa-Re Centre, Hospital Road, P.O. Box 45283 – 00100, Nairobi Email: [email protected] Athi Water is an equal opportunity employer and all Kenyans in their diversity are encouraged to apply.