Athi Water Services Board (AWSB) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation.
It is mandated to plan and develop / expand infrastructure for bulk water supply and waste water in Nairobi and Kiambu Counties, and Gatanga District in Murang’a County.
The Board intends to fill the following vacant position:-
Job Ref. AWSB/ICTO/5/2015
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager ICT, the Job holder will be responsible for the following duties:-
• Assist in analysis, design and implementation of computer systems;
• Develop systems as per user requirements and specifications;
• Develop systems documentation and user manuals;
• Provide user training on developed systems and applications;
• Provide user support on business systems and monitor performance;
• Ensure that the organization establishes and maintains appropriate connectivity for its network, communications and other needs;
• Coordinate and oversee the development and implementation of user training programmes and ICT training initiatives;
• Manage web operations, provide internet support, allocate user rights and ensure security of systems;
• Ensure that all systems are integrated and operate efficiently in accordance with IT guidelines;
• Carry out continuous systems development/upgrade and recommend the use of cost effective software and systems.
Requirements for Appointment:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized university;
• Professional ICT qualifications MSCE or CCNA or database administrator diploma or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
• Not more than three (3) years’ relevant working experience;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Be less than 35 years of age.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications quoting the title and reference number of the post being applied for and enclose detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, copy of National ID, current position, remuneration, email address and telephone contact plus names and contacts of three (3) referees so as to reach the undersigned on or before 21st October, 2015 Chief Executive Officer, Athi Water Services Board, Africa-Re Centre, Hospital Road, P.O. Box 45283 – 00100, Nairobi Email: email@example.com Athi Water is an equal opportunity employer and all Kenyans in their diversity are encouraged to apply.