Athi Water Services Board (AWSB) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation.
It is mandated to plan and develop / expand infrastructure for bulk water supply and waste water in Nairobi and Kiambu Counties, and Gatanga District in Murang’a County.
The Board intends to fill the following vacant position:-
Job Ref. AWSB/IA/5/2015
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to Manager, Internal Audit and Risk Management the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:-
- Implement audit plans and programs;
- Assist in carrying out independent tests and assessment of compliance with the established AWSB policies, procedures and regulations;
- Assist in procedural audits to assure the effectiveness of the existing internal control systems;
- Audit AWSB asset use and accounting to ascertain effectiveness and efficiency;
- Audit all payments made by the Board to ensure compliance with budget provisions, policies, and procedures;
- Draft financial audit reports for review by the Internal Auditor.
Requirements for Appointment:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in business related field;
- Qualification in accounting such as CPA(K)/ACCA will be an added advantage;
- Familiarity with computer based accounting and use of computer aided auditing techniques;
- Not less than three (3) years’ relevant working experience;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Be less than 35 years of age.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications quoting the title and reference number of the post being applied for and enclose detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, copy of National ID, current position, remuneration, email address and telephone contact plus names and contacts of three (3) referees so as to reach the undersigned on or before 21st October, 2015 Chief Executive Officer, Athi Water Services Board, Africa-Re Centre, Hospital Road, P.O. Box 45283 – 00100, Nairobi Email: [email protected] Athi Water is an equal opportunity employer and all Kenyans in their diversity are encouraged to apply.