Athi Water Services Board (AWSB) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation.
It is mandated to plan and develop / expand infrastructure for bulk water supply and waste water in Nairobi and Kiambu Counties, and Gatanga District in Murang’a County.
The Board intends to fill the following vacant position:-
Job Ref. AWSB/LO/5/2015
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Legal and Compliance Manager, the job holder will be responsible for the following duties:-
- Assist in review of various regulations and advise on drafting of contracts, agreements and other legal documents;
- Assist in developing appropriate policies and operation procedures to ensure efficiency and quality of all legal advice;
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on the performance of the department;
- Assist in investigating compliance issues and responding to regulatory enquiries and examinations;
- Provide support in the provision of Company Secretarial services;
- Ensure the safe custody of the organisation’s legal documents, contracts and security documentation.
Requirements for Appointment:
- A Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB);
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Not more than three (3) years’ relevant working experience;
- Knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to state corporations will be an added advantage;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Be less than 35 years of age
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications quoting the title and reference number of the post being applied for and enclose detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, copy of National ID, current position, remuneration, email address and telephone contact plus names and contacts of three (3) referees so as to reach the undersigned on or before 21st October, 2015 Chief Executive Officer, Athi Water Services Board, Africa-Re Centre, Hospital Road, P.O. Box 45283 – 00100, Nairobi Email: [email protected] Athi Water is an equal opportunity employer and all Kenyans in their diversity are encouraged to apply.