Athi Water Services Board (AWSB) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation.
It is mandated to plan and develop / expand infrastructure for bulk water supply and waste water in Nairobi and Kiambu Counties, and Gatanga District in Murang’a County.
The Board intends to fill the following vacant position:-
Job Ref. AWSB/PO/5/2015
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Senor Procurement Officer, the job holder will be responsible for the following duties:-
- Assist in the development of the Board’s procurement plan in accordance with statutory and Board expectations;
- Advise the Board’s staff on appropriate procurement and bid evaluation procedures;
- Provide advice on procurement of various goods, works and services in accordance with the Board’s Procurement policies and procedures.
- Assist in review and update of Board procurement policies in accordance with the needs of the Board;
- Maintain and update procurement records including files, supplier/contractor databases, contract documents, orders and other correspondence as required;
- Receive approved requisitions, prepare and dispatch local purchase orders (LPOs) as needed for provisions and follow up to ensure timely delivery;
- Ensure quality products and services are sourced and supplied at the best prices and on time;
- Assist in the preparation procurement of bidding and contract documents;
Requirements for Appointment:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or equivalent qualification;
- Not more than three (3) years’ relevant working experience;
- Membership of a professional will be an added advantage;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications;
- Good knowledge of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2005 and Regulations;
- Familiarity with donor procurement procedures will be an added advantage;
- Be less than 35 years of age.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications quoting the title and reference number of the post being applied for and enclose detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, copy of National ID, current position, remuneration, email address and telephone contact plus names and contacts of three (3) referees so as to reach the undersigned on or before 21st October, 2015 Chief Executive Officer, Athi Water Services Board, Africa-Re Centre, Hospital Road, P.O. Box 45283 – 00100, Nairobi Email: [email protected] Athi Water is an equal opportunity employer and all Kenyans in their diversity are encouraged to apply.