Audit Committee Employment At Kirinyaga County In Kenya
Pursuant to the constitution of Kenya 2010 (Articles 185(2) (186 (1) and 187 (2) on distribution of functions between the National Government and the County Government’s Act No.17 of 2012:- The County Government of Kirinyaga invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Audit Committee – 3 Posts
Job Ref: KCPSB/AC/02/08/19/2016
Contract, 3 Years Renewable for one extra term only
Requirements For Audit Committee Jobs In Kenya
- Must be a holder of at least Masters Degree in a relavant field in Finance, Accounting or Law.
- Must be knowledgeable in Government Affairs, have leadership skills and shall not be a holder of a public or political office.
- Must not be past or present employee of the County or an agent of a business organnization, which has carried out business with the County Government of Kirinyaga.
- Must be affililated to professional bodies e.g ICPAK. ACFE, LSK, EBK and IIA or any other relevant body.
- Must posses good understanding of Government operatoin, financial reporting and auditing.
- Must posses good knowledge of objects, principles or function of County Government.
- At least 10 years experience in relevant field
Audit Committee Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Provide oversight on risk management, control and governance processes.
- Follow up implementation of recommendation of internal and external audit.
Terms Of Appointment
- Members of audit commettie shall be appointed for a term of three years and shall be eligible for re-appointment for a futher one term only.
- After expiry of every term, at least one third of the committee shall retire and not be eligible for reappointment.
How to Apply
All applications should be sent by post quoting the job reference number on the subject of the application and on the envelop. A photocopy of National ID card and PIN certificate should be Attached. Applications can also be hand delivered to the County Governor’s office Kirinyaga, at the County Public Service Board Office (Room No.18) on or before 14th March 2016 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity Cards and Testimonials during the interview. The Successful candidate will be required to produce: Clearance Certificate from CID, HELB, KRA, EACC, and CRB The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply. The Salary and benefits attached to the post may be subject to review as would be advised by Salaries and Remuneration Commission. Secretary Kirinyaga County Public Service Board P.O Box 260 – 10304 KUTUS