Our Client is a well-established and highly respected local Financial Advisory Firm that deals in mergers & acquisitions and corporate finance.
The client is looking for an individual who has gained experience in external audit operations. This individual should also possess an audit and accounting background.
- Provide guidance and expertise to professional staff and participate in the conduct of a wide range of assurance services, with a particular focus on complex and specialized issues, including audits, controls reviews, remediation projects, and assistance with regulatory compliance
- Develop team members by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback / training.
- Understand the clients industry, key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
- Plan engagement objectives to ensure compliance with professional standards and appropriately address risk. Prepare and review management communications, proposals budgets, and negotiate fees and overruns
- Review and approve for signing all financial statements, opinions and reports and other deliverable documents for clients.
- Maintain relationships with other engagement teams and monitor team progress against plan and drive performance as required.
- Identify new business opportunities and develop long term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high quality audit and assurance service, including preparing and reviewing audit plans and work.
- Achieve team and individual budgets and business plan / performance objectives.
- Manages project financials, including budgets, WIPS, timely billing and collection and variance recognition.
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standard.
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks.
- Addresses situation before they come crises and develops solutions to avoid recurrence,
- Providing additional help and guidance to clients on a consultancy basis.
- Participants in the development of ways to meet client needs, contributes to proposal delivery.
- Identifying ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value.
- Monitor and control auditing staff.
- Coach, train and develop auditing staff to upgrade their knowledge.
- Be seen as a role model for auditing professionals.
- Carry out practice management activities e.g. resourcing client billing etc.
- Planning and performing operational and financial audits
- Identifying business process risks
- Developing testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls
- Documenting the results of the evaluations
- Developing recommendations and reports based on audits and presenting these ideas to senior management
- Formulating professional development and educational plans for junior staff members
- Planning and allocating resources and individuals in accordance with skills and schedules
- Undertake wider office activities, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in a business related field, Masters degree preferred
- Professional accounting qualifications (CPA (K) / ACCA)
- 7 years continuous external audit experience in a wide range of sectors
- Good understanding and working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Standards on Auditing
- Experience using audit software like CaseWare, CCH, etc will be an added advantage
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills including leading teams of at least 10 team members.
- Ability to work under high pressure to meet deadlines
KINDLY INCLUDE YOUR CURRENT AND EXPECTED REMUNERATION IN YOUR RESUME.