The client, a multinational FMCG company is urgently in need of an Audit Manager in Mombasa and Nairobi
Reporting to the Managing Director with a dotted functional line to the Audit Committee of the Board, the Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for evaluating business practices, compliance with policies, procedures, systems of control, and supervision and co-ordination of the Internal Audit function in the Corporation.
Responsibilities for the Internal Audit Manager Job
- Formulating and executing annual audit work plans
- Issuing on a timely basis, periodic Audit reports to the Audit Committee of the Board and Management, and following up on implementation of audit recommendations
- Evaluating the soundness, adequacy, effectiveness and maintenance of: –
- Internal Controls,
- Management Policies,
- Information Systems,
- Accounting Procedures,
- Regulations and Systems,
- Audit Procedures, guidelines and Techniques
- Evaluating the reliability and integrity of accounting, financial and operating information
- Evaluating Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) systems and computer operations
- Serving as Secretary to Audit Committee of the Board
- Maintenance of high auditing standards
- Responsible for the overall discipline, performance appraisal, development and supervision of staff in the
- Internal Audit Unit
- Assigning and supervising operational as well as investigative audits
- Liaising with External Auditors to achieve a comprehensive audit of the Corporation activities
- Overseeing efficient and effective utilization of the Audit Unit budget.
Qualifications for the Internal Audit Manager Job
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Economics from a recognized University
- A Master’s degree (MBA / MSc in Finance /Accounting or its equivalent) from a recognized University will be an added advantage.
- CPA (K) / ACCA or any other recognized equivalent professional qualification
- CISA / CIA qualification will be an added advantage
- Must be a registered member of ICPAK or Institute of Internal Auditors.
- At least seven (7) years working experience with five (5) of which must be at management level with a reputable organization
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to [email protected] before 15th FEBRUARY 2017, indicate your current /expected salary and notice period