Job Title: Audit Officer
Industry: Microfinance Bank
Salary: 30K – 35K
Our client is a licensed Microfinance Bank Institution, targeting Micro businesses and SME’s to provide working capital, facilitate technological improvements and business innovations.
They are committed to be one of the leading Microfinance Bank through provision of quality products and services.
They are looking to fill the position of an Audit Officer.
Audit Officer Duties & Responsibilities
• Carry out routine Audits in accordance to policies and procedures.
• Participate in preparation of audit procedures of a given assignment in collaboration with supervisors
• Draft audit reports on assignment for review with supervisors
• Review audit reports or findings with assigned auditors
• Carry out audit tests and procedures as required
• Check maintenance of accurate accounting records
• Conduct special audit assignments as assigned
• Participate in planning the scope and methodology of audits.
• Conduct routine audits as per the audit plan and as agreed with the Internal Audit Officer.
• Review internal controls and system processes for assurance and validity of data.
• Prepare working papers that demonstrate work done in the field, referenced and documented.
• Maintain confidentiality of records and information obtained during the course of audit work.
• Justify audit findings by use of audit working papers.
• Write and provide draft audit reports for review
• Carry out spot checks and special assignments as directed
Audit Officer Job Requirements
• Bachelors Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from a recognized university;
• A CPA finalist
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
• At least 2 years progressive experience in an audit firm
• Experience in a Microfinance Institution is an added advantage
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Audit Officer – 30 – 35k) to [email protected] before Friday 9 October, 2015. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.