Job Title: Audit Semi Senior
Job Ref.: BMK 248661
Industry: Accounting, Audit & Tax
Remuneration: KES. 35,000 – 50,000
An entrepreneurial and progressive firm of accountants are currently recruiting for an Audit Semi Senior to join their busy Audit department.
The Audit Semi Senior role will involve working on a variety of audit assignments, assisting Seniors and Managers with audit planning and supervision of juniors on assignment.
The Role: The role will allow you to develop your technical skills with excellent promotional prospects for the ambitious and hardworking.
Candidates keen to develop their commercial / business awareness and consultancy skills will particularly enjoy working in this environment.
It is essential that you have solid Audit experience gained from working in a practice of accountants. You will thrive under pressure and have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and able to take on leadership responsibilities when required of you.
You will be responsible for assisting the audit senior, manager and partner in managing a portfolio of clients including companies, partnerships and sole practitioners, although predominantly corporate work for audit clients.
As an audit semi senior you will:
- Generally assisting Audit Seniors to enable work to be passed down and accepting responsibility for it
- Responsible for the preparation of audit strategy and business plans, setting budgets and pricing, scheduling audits, selecting staff and assigning workloads, and financial reporting.
- Responsible for small components of engagements and contribute to a strong client relationship through interactions with client personnel.
- Recognize and communicate opportunities to sell “add-on” work to client and contribute to a positive team attitude.
- Demonstrate your ability to plan and manage engagements and people along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines.
- Develop and motivate all audit staff and provide them with counselling and career guidance.
- 4+ years of current or recent Accounting & Audit Firm experience in public accounting, auditing, audit management, budget, business plan, and business strategy, preferably within a busy accountancy practice
- At least a CPA II
- Confident user of Microsoft Office suite – Intermediate/Advanced user of Word and Excel.
- Extensive knowledge of best practice reporting and international financial reporting standards.
- Experience of planning and completing audit and accounts preparation assignments
- A willingness to learn and grow within a commercial environment where client care is the primary focus
- Ability to use initiative, have exceptional attention and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work efficiently both independently and within a team
- Broad knowledge of auditing and accounts
- Great interpersonal skills combined with Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Due to the high calibre of applicants for this role it goes without saying that as the ideal candidate you will have a smart and professional appearance and possess a “can do” attitude.
How to Apply
If you have the required experience & skills to succeed and seek a challenging opportunity, please send your application letter including an up to date CV with 3 referees to [email protected] (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF) If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile. Please DO NOT apply if you do not meet the requirements of the position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews