The Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI) is a state corporation established under the State Corporations Act, (CAP 446) through Legal Notice No. 223 and
operating under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, The State Department of Livestock mandated with the production, manufacturing, research and marketing of veterinary vaccines. In order to strengthen the corporate strategy and our market leadership, we invite dynamic, innovative and self motivated candidates to submit their applications for the following position.
Reporting to the Board, the incumbent will be responsible for the Internal Audit function in ensuring that the management policies and procedures are adhered to and that internal
controls are effective.
Chief Internal Auditor Job Responsibilities
- Preparation and presentation of the Audit reports to the Board of Directors;
- Responsible for proper audit checks and verification of payments to ensure validity and accuracy
- Planning and coordinating internal audit activities;
- Budgeting and control of resources;
- Ensuring audit procedures and regulations are adhere to;
- Ensuring sound audit management systems are in place;
- Proper interpretation of all the regulations of the institute pertaining to financial control and management.
- Preparing audit reports and follow up on implementation of recommendations;
Qualifications for the Chief Internal Auditor Job
- Certified Public Accountants of Kenya CPA (K) (Auditing) certificate or
- Certified information systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA);
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or their equivalent;
- Be registered with a relevant professional body such as ICPAK or Institute of Internal Auditors Certified Internal Auditor (CIA);
- Minimum of three (3) years post qualification experience;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity
How to Apply
Application should be accompanied with Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport and other relevant supporting documents; a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating current position, remuneration, email and other contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and email address) of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Report from the Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Interested applicants should submit ten (10) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked ‘Application for the position of…………………….. Ref. No…. Applications must be received on or before Friday, 16th December 2016 at 12 noon.