Auditor Job at The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority
The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority (UFAA) is a State Corporation established under the National Treasury pursuant to the Unclaimed Financial Assets Act No. 40 of 2011.
The primary mandate of the Authority is to obtain unclaimed financial assets from the holders of such assets on behalf of the Government, safeguard and re-unite the assets with their rightful owners.
UFAA invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
Auditor, Unclaimed Financial Assets (Claims) –
Job Ref: UFAA/08/2016
Auditor Job Purpose
- Reporting to the Senior Auditor (Claims), the Auditor (Claims), will be facilitating in the return of unclaimed financial assets to the rightful owners as may be surrendered to the Authority by the holders upon claim.
Auditor Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating activities of the unclaimed financial assets claims office
- Coordinating search for owners of unclaimed financial assets, or of deceased individuals leaving no known heirs/ beneficiaries
- Providing appropriate information to claimants on assets held by the Authority
- Receiving and directing processing of claims, according to results of investigation or other evidence of ownership from the reunification agents.
- Preparing unclaimed financial assets claims annual reports
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications for Auditor Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Auditing from a university recognized by the Commission of University Education
- At least 5 years of Financial auditing
- Unclaimed property Knowledge/experience with auditing, compliance, process reviews or development of claims policies and procedures will be an added advantage.
- Ability to foster client relationships
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication, and research skills
- Membership to a relevant professional body
Terms & Conditions
- Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package;
- Appointments in positions No. 2 to 14 will be on permanent and pensionable terms subject to satisfactory performance; while position No. 1 will be on 4 year contract terms, renewable subject to satisfactory performance;
- Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Clearance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department.
How to Apply
- If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
- Your curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email addresses of at least two (2) referees who are familiar with your previous academic/work experience.
- Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport. The applications should either be sent by post, e-mail, or hand delivered to the Authority’s offices located at 2nd Floor Pacis Centre, Westlands – off Waiyaki way, to be received on or before 22nd July 2016 at 5 P.M. addressed to:
- Chief Executive Officer Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority P.O. Box 28235-00200 Nairobi E-mail: [email protected]