Vacancy: Computer Science Interns
mHealth Kenya is a limited liability company that brings together a team of experts with a diversity of knowledge and experience, and a deep understanding of ICT for Health.
mHealth Kenya’s purpose is to bridge communication gaps among remote healthcare facilities, community workers, and central government headquarters to improve care and treatment.
mHealth Kenya endeavors to explore numerous applications of mobile health (mHealth) technology, such as increasing direct patient care, rapid lab results communication, worker training, and drug supply-level management.
Over the last several years, mHealth Kenya has risen to be at the forefront of facilitating improved public health through use of mobile technologies.
As the company grows so is its projects portfolio with several exciting opportunities that need to be filled by talented individuals possessing passion for excellence, strong work ethics, are results oriented, committed to professionalism and personal advancement as below:
Computer Science Interns
This role will primarily work closely with the technical teams and will participate scoping, planning and designing of solutions for mHealth Kenya projects according to work plans developed with the donor agencies.
The role requires a continuing computer science student seeking to develop technical skills in writing software and implementing and supporting solutions as required.
- Engage our stakeholders’ technical staff to identify their needs
- Deliver across the entire software life cycle – concept, design, build, deploy, test, go-live and support
- Work along with other technical staff members to build interfaces with focus on usability features
- Standardise all solutions to deliver across multiple platforms with minimal duplication of effort
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Any other tasks as may otherwise be assigned by the company.
Qualifications and experience
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Any certification in the field of computer science and engineering will be an added advantage
- Proficiencies in Web Development technologies (PHP, MySQL, HTML5 etc.) or Mobile Development technologies (Android, Windows and iOS)
- Effective written and oral communication with all levels of the organization including senior leadership
- Critical thinking and strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and synthesize action items from disparate options and trains of thought
- Mature judgment, negotiation, leadership skills, results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
How to Apply
All application letters and detailed CVs, copies of certificates, telephone contacts together with names of three referees should reach us no later than 13th August, 2015
to Email: [email protected]
mHealth Kenya Ltd
Rosami Court, 3rd Floor, No.6
Muringa Road, Kilimani
Nairobi, Kenya Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted