The African Virtual University (AVU) www.avu.org is a Pan African Intergovernmental Organization established by charter with the mandate of significantly increasing access to quality higher education and training through the innovative use of information communication technologies.
A Charter, establishing the AVU as an Intergovernmental Organization, has been signed so far by eighteen (18) African Governments – Kenya, Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Cote d’Ivoire, Tanzania, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Benin, Ghana, Republic of Guinea, Burkina Faso, Niger, South Sudan, Sudan, The Gambia, and Guinea-Bissau.
The AVU has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and a Regional office in Dakar Senegal with Host-Country Agreements and Diplomatic Status with the two governments.
Finance & Administrative Intern Responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining Petty cash book; completely up to date, including record of reconciliations
- Assist in reconciliations of the cash books to the bank statements and GL
- Assist in postings into Apogee accounting software
- Assist in Preparing withholding tax certificates;
- Assist in Filing all Finance and Administration documents
- Assist in VAT exemption processing
- From time to time provide support to AVU projects including bulk photocopying, scanning and binding of documents and any other logistical support;
- The intern shall perform any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications for the Finance & Administrative Intern
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting option;
- Qualified CPA part II or equivalent in ACCA;
- Keen and pays attention to detail;
- Ability to work well within a team
- Possess Excel spread sheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines;
- Detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities and communication skills, both oral and written;
- Must be numerate;
- Exposure to one or more computerised accounting packages will be an added advantage;
- The candidate must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of a Finance Intern;
- Flexibility and a can-do approach to tasks and the ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment;
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to [email protected] and must have FINANCE AND ADMINISRTATIVE INTERN as the email subject
The closing date for this application is FEBRUARY 14TH at 18:00 East African Time (UTC/GMT + 3).