Vacancy: Procurement Intern
Introduction: The African Virtual University (AVU) is a Pan African Intergovernmental Organization established by charter with the mandate of significantly increasing access to quality higher education and training through the innovative use of information communication technologies.
A Charter, establishing the AVU as an Intergovernmental Organization, has been signed so far by fourteen (14) African Governments – Kenya, Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Cote d’Ivoire, Tanzania, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Benin, Ghana, Guinea, Burkina Faso, Niger and South Sudan.
- Assist in preparing documents for procurement of goods and services
- Assist in updating the procurement tracking sheet on a day to day basis
- Assist in processing of payment requests
- Assist in Filing all procurement documents
- Coordinate and schedule procurement meetings including recording of meeting’s proceedings
- The intern shall perform any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement/ supply chain management;
- Skill in the use of Microsoft office;
- Keen and pays attention to detail;
- Ability to work well within a team
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines;
- Detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities and communication skills, both oral and written;
- Must be numerate;
- The candidate must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of a Procurement Intern;
- Flexibility and a can-do approach to tasks and the ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment;