AWF NGO Jobs Kenya Finance Assistant
Temporary Finance Assistant Jobs at AWF
For more than 50 years, the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) has been a key player in African conservation and sustainable development.
AWF is seeking a high performing and result oriented Finance Assistant to support its contract management efforts.
This position will assist with the coordination of contracts drafting and managements of for sub awards, consultants to ensure compliance with the donor/funder agreements and well as conformity to AWF policies and tools.
This is a temporary four month position commencing April 17, 2017. The position will report to Senior Finance Manager and based at AWF’s headquarter office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Finance Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Under supervision of the line manager, support the development of routine contractual agreements ensuring compliance with all guidelines and appropriate reviews by parties prior to AWF sign off
- Ensure contractual agreements are complete and both hard and soft copies are logically filed, and disseminated to relevant personnel within AWF and vendors.
- Maintain and monitor status of all new and existing contractual agreements throughout the life of the contract.
- Receive, review and track sub grant financial reports
- Validate all supporting invoices for accuracy on a timely manner and submit sub grant status to the supervisor before the 10th of every month.
- Track open purchase orders in AWF’s Financial System (Serenic) to confirm validity and to reconcile with sub grant/ consultancy reports.
Qualifications for the Finance Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field. A diploma with requisite experience would be considered. CPA qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum two years relevant working experience, preferably from a donor funded nonprofit organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of grant management principles, including U.S. government funding is a strong advantage.
- Ability to organize and present issues in a clear, concise and logical manner.
- Strong technical skills, including MS Excel, and ability to navigate within accounting systems and other databases.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential matters with the highest level of professional.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment
- As this position is heavily anchored in AWF’s conservation programs, the successful candidate must have an interest in conservation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, your CV as a single PDF document indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees with the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 31 March 2017
AWF NGO Jobs Kenya Project Manager
March 27, 2017 at 3:40 pm
Project Manager Jobs at AWF
AWF is seeking a high performing and result oriented Project Manager to provide overall management and ensure successful implementation of an anticipated two-year project.
The project aims to build the capacity and sustainability of Lumo Conservancy.
This position will report to the Vice President for Land Protection and based in the Tsavo.
Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- Oversee efficient and effective project implementation to develop Lumo Conservancy into a well-managed, functioning and sustainable conservancy.
- Develop and implement a general management plan for Lumo that improves ecological resilience and economic returns; and implement revenue diversification and improve conservancy governance and community capacity.
- Develop conservancy management systems and the Lumo trust’s governance structure to ensure transparency and enhanced efficiencies.
- Develop excellent working relationships with key stakeholders, national governments, protected area authorities, local government, communities, and the private sector in the region.
- Work with partners to ensure effective coordination and to design and implement annual work and performance management plans that will deliver sustainable conservation, improved livelihoods, and other program level goals.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the project, including: project implementation, administration and tracking of project finances, project monitoring and evaluation, timely donor reporting, and coordination between project implementing partners.
- Ensure full compliance with the USAID and AWF policies and procedures and serve as the primary contact with USAID, providing regular updates and meeting with USAID as needed.
- Providing adequate technical progress and financial reports for the project.
Qualifications for the Project Manager Job
- Post graduate qualification (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) in natural resource management, tourism, or other fields directly related to practical conservation management and development.
- Experience with community owned wildlife conservancies.
- Minimum 7+ years of managerial and field experience in conservation and development.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations for grants and contracts.
- Results orientated with proven track record of delivery.
- Possess sound judgment and strong decision making skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to build coalitions, negotiate, and manage conflict situations.
- Strong communication skills, oral and writing.
- Experience working with different levels of government.
How to Apply
CLOSING DATE: May 14, 2017