Job Title: Manager Finance
Organisation: Uganda Development Bank (UDB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Finance
Uganda Development Bank Ltd (UDBL) is the country’s only Development Finance Institution (DFI) established in 1972. The Bank has recently re-positioned itself as a partner to the Government of Uganda in delivering the theme of its National Development Plan.
Job Summary: The Manager Finance will be accountable for the financial management and reporting and to ensure that UDBL financial records are professionally maintained and reliable information is extracted periodically for management use. The job holder ensures that the bank’s financial records are professionally maintained and reliable information is extracted periodically for management use.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• In charge of the preparation of analysis schedules for expenses, income, assets and liabilities.
• Oversee the process of data entry into the accounting system.
• Ensure the timely preparation of timely financial reports on a monthly and quarterly basis
• Preparation of the annual financial statements in compliance with the IFRSs.
• Manage the reconciliation of all bank accounts
• Manage the compiling of the monthly statutory returns and payment of PAYE, VAT and NSSF to ensure they are submitted to the respective bodies in time.
• Manage the reconciliation of G/L Accounts and preparation of necessary adjustments.
• Maintain an updated Fixed Asset register and related schedules.
• Manage the reconciliation of Creditors/debtors accounts with their respective statements.
• In charge of the reconciliation of the loans ledger to the General ledger on a monthly basis and making the necessary adjustments.
• Work closely with the external auditors and attending to audit queries.
• Preparing schedules to enable-external auditors give an opinion.
• In charge of preparing statements for loans payment for the respective lines of credit and ensuring reconciliation with Financiers’ statements.
• Maintaining a database for external lines of credit in compliance with the reporting requirements of the Financiers
• Preparing the income statement computations, returns and payment.
• Keeping an up-to-date record of VAT, payments, accruals and advance rental income, and booking of respective expenses and revenues as they fall due.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should possess a first degree preferably in Commerce/Business Studies/ Economics or any numeric course.
• Professional accounting qualifications i.e. ACCA, CIMA, CFA, CPA
• At least seven years’ experience, four of these should be with a financial institution/s and three years at managerial level.
• Leadership and supervisory skills
• Working knowledge of Accounting Policies and Procedures
• Good managerial / supervisory skills.
• Analytical mind with strong orientation to financial analysis.
• Ability and experience in communicating with all levels of management regarding management information needs.
• Excellent interpersonal skills required in liaising with people at different levels within the bank.
• Strong report writing skills.
• A person with high integrity.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to surpass and achieve set targets
• Passion / Self-motivation
• Ability to handle pressure
How to Apply:
Send or deliver your application which shall include an up-to-date curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic documents and contact addresses of three professional references to: The Director, Human Resources & Administration, 1st Floor Wing B, Rwenzori Towers, Plot 6 Nakasero Road, P.O. Box 7210, Kampala. Uganda. Tel: +256414355555, Fax: +256414355556
Deadline: 3rd September 2015 by 5.00pm