Job Ref: KC 05/2016
The Position: Reporting to the Managing Director & Head of Investment Banking, the role holder will primarily be responsible for leading and managing execution of signed debt capital markets transactions.
- Work with the Managing Director & Head of Investment Banking to originate debt capital markets transactions in Kenya and across the East African region.
- Drive the expansion of the investment banking business by identifying and developing new areas of growth.
- In conjunction with the corporate banking team leverage off the bank’s customer base in order to originate debt capital markets mandates.
- Develop innovative debt financing structures that are responsive to customers’ needs.
- Lead and coordinate execution of transactions through all stages from inception to close.
- Deal execution; take a lead role, completing the due diligence, reviewing the offering memorandum, educating the sales force, interfacing with the syndicate group and ensuring that all internal and external activities to close the deal are executed.
- Client support; assist in client development and management. This will include support in business development activities and presentations, client follow-up and day-to-day client management.
- Develop and grow a high functioning investment banking team with deep capacity to execute debt capital markets transactions.
- Spreading of credit risk through loan syndications.
- Develop and manage the relationships with market regulatory authorities and other stakeholders for debt capital markets transactions.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree preferably in a related field. A Master’s degree or relevant professional qualifications in a relevant field preferably CFA or similar field will be an added advantage.
- Have at least 6-8 years management experience in investment banking and or structured \ corporate finance and must have:
- Experience of having worked on and supported debt capital market transactions across various sectors.
- Experience in debt capital markets structuring and arranging.
- Experience in deal origination and execution.
- Experience in Capital markets advisory.
- Experience in Relationship management.
- Comprehensive understanding of the debt capital market, products and services
- Should have a thorough knowledge of Banking products, services and the financial services Industry.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with a track record of delivering client pitches as well as writing and preparing presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish new client relationships and generate new business.
- Should have excellent, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
- Excellent planning, problem solving, strong analytical skills and a high attention to detail.