Executive Assistant to MD BLAK Job at Barclays Bank, Kenya
Overall Job Purpose
- To support the Managing Executive or Head of the Business unit to provide in the operational management of the business unit by providing operational support, administrative support and secretarial functions.
- Act as the first point of contact for the Managing executive during their absence.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times and to interact with stakeholders at various levels in order to deliver on the work outputs.
Executive Assistant Job Key Accountabilities
Operational Process Support
- Act as initial point of entry for escalated client queries. Redistribute the resolution or respond directly to the stakeholders where appropriate and report only major issues to the Managing Executive or Business Unit Head.
- Take personal accountability for resolving complaints lodged directly with the Managing Executive or Business Unit Head.
- On a monthly basis, compile a summary of the projects and initiatives underway in the business unit and provide an update to the
- Managing Exec/BU Head on progress, risks and issues.
- Coordinate the preparation of formal performance reviews conducted by the Managing Exec/BU Head by supporting direct reports to collect their portfolios of evidence and collating results from multi-source feedback for each direct report prior to the performance discussion.
- Review financial reports prepared by line managers in the business unit and advise the Managing Exec/BU Head of substantial issues and actions that have been created to address these.
- Review all new marketing and internal communication material from a style and content perspective prior to it being reviewed by the
- Managing Exec/BU Head and request required changes before presenting for signoff. Monitor BOP error rejections ensuring errors are handled within the prescribed time frames. Identify recurring BOP errors and institute corrective measures
- Take charge of general office administration including ordering of stationery and groceries, restocking printers etc.
- Ensure that adequate reserve stock is ordered.
- Enforce company policy in terms of procedures including travel, cell phone, expense claims etc. (i.e. responsible for controlling signatures, taking policy into account, urgency and effecting timeous forwarding of documents).
- Retrieve bank property e.g. cell phone, 3G cards, laptops, access cards etc. from the direct reports, of the manager, who leave the bank and return to the relevant parties.
- Manage the diary of the Managing Executive, in an efficient manner by using Outlook, to set up meetings requested by the line manager or to accept meetings requested by others where the manager’s presence is needed.
- Track and monitor the acceptances and declines obtained from the relevant parties that have been invited to the meeting. Where possible, resolve issues independently but where needed escalate any concerns and issues to the manager.
- Liaise with relevant parties to re-schedule any meetings, based on a request from either the manager or the original meeting organiser.
- Print all documentation relevant to the meetings and prepare daily meeting packs and give them to the manager for their reference.
- Liaise with the in-house travel agency to make the travel bookings for any domestic and international trips the manager is required to make and in so doing ensure adherence to the required travel approval process.
- When requested to by the manager, attend in team meetings in order to take the minutes of the meetings. Ensure that the minutes are typed, approved by the meeting chair and distributed to the relevant parties within the agreed time period.
- Arrange any venues and catering for any team events, as requested by the manager, and obtain the managers approval on any orders prior to placing them with the suppliers.
- Where teleconferences are being held, liaise with the relevant stakeholders to secure a dial in pin for the meeting.
- Communicate the pin’s details to all meeting attendees in advance of the meeting.
- Oversee the planning and execution of business events for the Managing Exec/BU Head such as road shows, employee discussion forums, product launches, customer entertainment events and formal functions.
- Prepare the key themes presentations and reviews for the Managing Exec/BU Head by researching and packaging detailed content.
- Ensure that presentations are designed to reflect the business unit’s brand and Managing Exec/BU Head’s personal style.
- Oversee the management of the Managing Exec/BU Head’s office to ensure smooth operations and that resources are available and operating effectively.
- Screen requests for meetings or events to be attended by the Managing Exec/BU Head and determine which ones would be appropriate for personal attendance and which ones should be delegated to other managers in the business unit.
Governance and Control
- Support the Managing Executive/BU Head in the signoff process for risk events (losses and write-offs) by obtaining all investigation documentation and making recommendations on whether the BU should take the loss or whether it should be absorbed by a different area.
- Liaise with other mandate holders in the BU to ensure that they follow a rigorous process before approving write-offs.
- Review all write-offs and near misses each month and provide a report to the Managing Exec/BU Head on trends identified and recommended actions.
Education & Experience for Executive Assistant Job
- Diploma in administration or equivalent NQF level 5 qualification
- 4 years’ experience working in an administrative environment
Knowledge & Skills: (Maximum of 6)
- High level of PC literacy (MS Office, Outlook)
- Knowledge of basic financial/accounting concepts
- Excel intermediate
- Basic accounting knowledge
Competencies: (Maximum of 8 competencies)
- Personal and Interpersonal skills
- Writing and Reporting
- Deciding and initiating action
- Relating and networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Coping with pressure and setbacks
- Adapting and responding to change
How to Apply
Click here to apply