To manage customer debt through effective and efficient collections tactics in order to minimize the loss to Barclays. This will involve negotiating repayment from customers with the objective of rehabilitating customer accounts, before they deteriorate further into delinquency through collections and recoveries.
Collection Officer Job Main Accountabilities Jobs in Kenya
- Negotiating payments and minimizing loss
- Agree collections targets on a monthly basis with the team leader in line with portfolio and product
targets as communicated by customer value management.
- Meet the minimum productivity requirements for calls on a daily basis to ensure optimization of the collections function and achievement of the monthly collection agent and apply all agreed primary and secondary measures.
- Use the appropriate collection scripts and other tools available to verify client identity and negotiate with customers to obtain a promise to pay (PTP) or to negotiate the repayment terms which will achieve the best outcome for both the bank and the customer.
- For more complex accounts, analyze customers’ account history and provide the customer with a recommendation on the appropriate options available (e.g.
- Account restructures in the case of arrears amounts on multiple products and/or refer the customer for debt review/counseling) to rehabilitate their account.
- These recommendations need to be aligned to the requirements as outlined in the Forbearance policy.
- If no solution can be negotiated, calls must be escalated to the team leader for assistance.
- Update the appropriate system upon completion of the negotiation with the customer to indicate the agreement reached with the customer in terms of the collections option that will be implemented.
- Participate in all citizen initiatives by the bank
- Support the MADD events
- Provide own initiatives to make BBK have an impact to our community.
Accountability: Maintain Customer Service
- Acknowledge and resolve customer dissatisfaction at first point of contact wherever possible. When necessary, source the assistance of the team leader to support in resolving the dissatisfaction.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved and the retention of the right profile client is maintained by behaving in a professional manner in all instances.
- Seek clarity from the customer to ensure comprehensive understanding of their needs and address these needs as effectively as possible, whilst minimizing any risk to the bank.
Accountability: Team Work
- Appreciate and respect all team members and team leaders as well as participate in celebrating team successes.
- Display the Barclays values with all team members and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Communicate openly and honestly with team members and share knowledge and best practices on an on-going basis.
- Utilize the team leader, on an on-going basis, as a coach to help improve current collection skills.
- Actively support change initiatives within the team or larger SBU and suggest possible areas of improvement to the team leader as and when these are detected.
- Encourage team work and assist other team members when able to do so.
- Perform all other duties as reasonably assigned.
Accountability: Business Processes and Governance
- Adhered to all company policies and procedures.
- Fulfil the requirements of and comply to all relevant Acts and Statutory requirements.
- Identify fraudulent accounts and escalate these concerns to the team leader.
- Adhere to internal systems access control policies at all times and report any irregularities to the team leader or relevant party.
- Adhere to the internal code of conduct at all times and report any irregularities to the team leader or relevant party.
- Complete all compulsory training within the required timeframe.
- Contribute towards an audit rating of sufficient or better by compliance to internal processes, policies and procedures.
- Timeously route all administrative work the administrative support team for processing according to the relevant process and procedures.
Technical skills /Competencies for Collection Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Computer literate
- Adapting and responding to changes
- Persuading and influencing
- Negotiation skills
- Relating and networking with other stakeholders
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Computer literate
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of risk and credit policies and procedures
- Product knowledge (cards)/collections and recoveries
- Matric-minimum high school level or graduate
- Knowledge of collections will be an added benefit.
How to Apply
Click here to apply