Financial Accountant Jobs at Barclays Bank, Kenya
Barclays Life Assurance Kenya – 00231977
- To assume responsibility for the operations function in Barclays Life Kenya, in support of product development, systems enhancements and clients of the Business. To effectively lead, guide and manage the new business, policy administration, claims and customer service team; ensuring that turn-around times, quality and efficiency goals are met.
Financial Accountant Job Main Accountabilities in Kenya
Accountability: Business Management and Leadership (20%)
- Monitor and ensure that the New Business and Customer Service Departments enhance optimal service delivery of application processing and claims assessments by providing improvements in the new business area, policy service and claims area by reviewing processes and workflows
- Identify and initiate process changes to enhance, improve or correct faulty or ineffective systems and processes by reviewing processes using reports illustrating turn-around times, reduction in fraud and client satisfaction
- Ensure customers are served in accordance with Barclays Life SLA’s by conducting weekly quality checking, provide coaching and feedback to staff on outcomes there off to limit service failures and enhance customer experience.
- Ensure thorough understanding of the new business, policy holder services, customer services and claims services departments by evaluating each process and ensuring that productivity is aligned to the Departments output Strategy. Plan, design, test and implement new system changes through regular interactions with the IT Department in order to increase quality and productivity.
- Benchmark operational efficiencies against industry standards in order to exceed customers experience and reduce fraud and create new processes in order to achieve excellence
- Ensure effective implementation of the Barclays Life Workflow System for the benefit of customers by reporting on any system problems, errors or downtime to the Chief Operating Officer
- Take ownership of customer queries and complaints by ensuring that staff resolve them timely and within set deadlines giving attention to quality resolutions.
- Act as the escalation point for all the unresolved queries and complaints
Accountability: Financial Modelling (20%)
- Create excel based financial models for all financial reporting requirements and build a data base of accurate financial and non-financial information which can be used to extract historical financial information
- Ensure that the Barclay’s life and WIMI actuarial valuation team are able to access relevant valuation related data as and when needed.
- Extract and circulate monthly lapse reports to the Management, sales management and other stakeholders.
- Compile and extract monthly reports on claims paid, repudiated and pending including client premium or commission refunds.
- Suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and operating efficiency of the business unit.
- Ensure that all action plans that have been agreed to are documented and assigned to the relevant owners and that the financial impact as regards the implementation is monitored.
Accountability: Compliance and Risk (20%)
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that impact the area are documented and understood by all members of the team.
- Work with WIMI Internal Audit and Management Assurance during the scoping of audits to ensure fair coverage.
- Ensure that the team understands all compliance requirements and call for the area’s Compliance Officer to conduct briefing sessions if gaps are identified.
- Ensure that the BCM Plan for the area is tested as required and corrective actions executed.
Working with the Team Leaders in the team, develop Risk and Control Assessments (RCA’s) for the function and update at the required intervals (normally quarterly).
- Complete attestations to testify to the adequacy of controls on request.
- Participate in the development of Key Risk Scenarios including the determination of likelihood of occurrence and potential impact. Actively work to minimise the amount of economic capital that has to be set aside for operational risk.
- Ensure that the team understand their responsibilities for physical and systems access control and information security requirements.
Accountability: Fraud Management (10%)
- Implement fraud strategies that actively identify and prevent fraud within the area through enhancing manual process or through system enhancement improvement.
- Report identified fraud and action taken to management on a monthly basis to avoid repetition thereof.
Investigate, together with Risk Department, any fraudulent application to develop strategies that can be put in place to reduce fraud
Accountability: People Management (20%)
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development (PD) and informal coaching.
Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
Approve leave requests for team members and create leave plan to ensure adequate coverage.
- When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from Human Resources when required.
- Resolve grievances lodged by team members and escalate only if required.
- Address poor performance of any team member through the formal Performance Accelerator programme and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
- Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognised.
Accountability: Relationship Building (10%)
- Maintain a good working relationship with relevant stakeholders and supply them with information as required for them to service Barclays Life Kenya.
- Attend industry engagements on innovation and best practices to help improve performance, and quality standards within the branch
Essential/Basic Qualifications for Financial Accountant Jobs in Kenya
Education and Experience Required
- Diploma in Cost and Management Accounting (Field) (NQF level no. 6)
- (8) Years (Finance department) experience.
- Knowledge & Skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Numeracy skills
- Deadline driven
- Works well under pressure
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of accounting and ability to keep up to date with current financial rules and regulations.
How to Apply
Click here to apply