Debt Analyst| East Africa Debt Finance Jobs at Barclays Bank, Kenya
- Job PurposeExecute strategy for the business through structuring and executing corporate and investment banking loan and capital markets transactions in East Africa. Work closely with and support Barclays businesses in Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda.
Debt Analyst Job Main accountabilities in Kenya
- Structure and execute transactions across East Africa whilst demonstrating key business competencies.
- Build financial models and stress scenarios to determine debt capacity, coverage, leverage, etc
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of client relationships through the origination of value-added, creative ideas and solutions.
- Prepare pitch books and presentations after analysing opportunities and financials for clients on the target clients list
- Constantly and proactively communicate with deal team
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that impact the area are implemented.
- Ensure full understanding of all compliance requirements
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Understand and adhere to governance and compliance policies and procedures.
- Escalate identified issues in a timely manner to management.
- Act with integrity in all dealings with internal and external stakeholders. Build sustainable relationships with clients based on transparency and honesty.
- Deliver agreed targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of performance objectives in the business area.
- Assist in the development and training of local and regional team members.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to date weekly pipeline
- Proactively develop relationships with key stakeholders internal and external eg: risk, compliance, legal, etc. with the intention of breaking down silos to maximise business growth
Technical skills / Competencies for Debt Analyst Jobs in Kenya
- Strong communication skills
- Strong credit and financial analysis skills
- Presentation and writing skills
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Unquestioned technical ability
- Initiative and drive
- Relating and networking
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or a related field
- Chartered Accountant or CFA designation a plus, but not required
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
- In-depth, hands on experience in financial modelling
How to Apply
Click here to apply