Barclays bank is hiring a Money Laundering Reporting Officer – First Assurance –
Overall Job Purpose
- To ensure compliance by business with its obligations in terms of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and terrorist financing legislation/regulation and its employees with the provisions of the applicable laws and internal policies and rules.
- To ensure adherence by BUSINESS with the Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) Policy requirements
- To provide AML related training to the business.
Accountability: Implementation, embedment and oversight of AML, Sanctions and ABC
- Provide guidance/support to the Anti-Money Laundering (AML), ABC and Sanctions
- functions within Business Units (BU) to ensure:
- Full financial crime regulatory compliance
- The awareness of processes to report suspicious transaction reports
- There is a framework for managing the process for the escalation of
- dispensations / waivers to the Head of Financial Crime on behalf of a BU
- Assist the relevant BUs in the interpretation of policies and standards as required.
- Monitor, by checking, that relevant BUs provide awareness and training programmes in respect of Money Laundering, Sanctions and Bribery & Corruption in accordance with the statutory requirements and report on completion of training
- Guide relevant BUs with regard to compliance with any AML; ABC or Sanctions related issues arising from regulation or policy
- Guide relevant BUs with regard to the remediation required following any form of assurance review conducted (i.e. Internal Audit, Financial Crime)
- Participate with business when new products are being developed to ensure financial crime compliance.
- Provide Financial Crime input into the Africa NPA process
- Obtain and review of monthly financial crime reports from designated in country team members
- To design and implement ad hoc financial crime training to relevant BUs in line with the Barclays Policy requirements
Accountability: Annual High Risk Reviews:
- Ensure the relevant BUs understand the standard required to be performed, including the record retention requirements for Annual High Risk Reviews.
- Provide training to users on the standard compiled
- Track progress and completion of Annual High Risk Reviews
- Conduct reviews on the High Risk Reviews that have been performed
- Ensure the maintenance of the High Risk database and provide reports as and when these are required.
- Escalate to the Manager: Financial Crime BUSINESS, any missed deadlines in this regard
Accountability: Politically Exposed Persons:
- Ensure PEP register is complete and maintained by relevant BUs.
- Provide advice on the PEP review standard to be used.
- Assist in providing training to users on the standard compiled.
- Conduct reviews on the PEP Reviews that have been performed.
Accountability: Financial Crime Reporting:
- Test that relevant BUs maintains records relating to Dispensations, Waivers, Exceptions and Breaches log.
- Compile the monthly KRI reports relating to business
- Provide relevant, accurate and updated information on request or in terms of agreed time lines to be included in various stakeholder reports such as CRC, Combined Assurance, Exco.
Accountability: Stakeholder management:
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships the BUSINESS BUs with the aim of 3 understanding their business needs.
- Ensure that updates/review/testing reports are discussed and submitted timeously to the relevant COO.
- Apply consistent Financial Crime standards across BUSINESS
Accountability: Policies and Procedures:
- Facilitate and embed policies, processes and business requirements to ensure that risk is sufficiently mitigated in BUSINESS.
- Act as point of reference for regulatory queries and breach, dispensation and waiver requests.
How to Apply