Job Title: Barclays Rising Eagles Graduate Programme 2017 (Several Fresh Graduate Jobs)
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Barclays is one of the world’s biggest financial service providers. We have 140 000 people across Europe, America, Africa and Asia. Our services include personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, and investment management. Our proud tradition of innovation remains at the heart of our business today. But it is our ambition and the actions we’re taking to achieve them that truly sets us apart.
Job Summary: The Graduate Programme 2017 offers an opportunity to fast-track the career of your dreams. Apply to the 2017 Barclays Rising Eagle Graduate Programme and spend a year laying the foundations for your future success. Through the guidance and mentoring of industry experts, you will build the skills and experience necessary to become a true leader through a programme that spans almost every part of the Barclays business and provides opportunities throughout the continent. The programme will challenge and inspire fresh ideas in you and as you grow, you will realise your potential in our dynamic global organisation. This is why we are looking for Africa’s best minds.
Graduate Programme Expectations:
- Enrich the Trainee in development in leadership and self-management skills
- Enrich the Trainee in the development in client-centricity and related behavioural skills
- Enrich the Trainee in the development technical job-related skills
- Enrich the Trainee in specific product knowledge
- Give the trainee access to a global network of connected, professional and highly innovative thinkers
- Exposure to the most up-to-date operating systems
- Exposure to local and global markets, and to the financial industry as a whole.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- All applicants for the Graduate Programme 2017 should hold a postgraduate qualification (minimum NQF Level 8) in any of the disciplines that we recruit from, obtained before January 2017 i.e. Computer Science, Information Technology, Chartered Accounting, Management Accounting and Finance, Risk Management, Law, Mathematics, Business Science, Statistics, Data Science, Digital, Finance and Economics.
- The applicant should have below 24 months’ permanent work experience (this excludes temporary work during full-time studies).
- Every bit as important as academic achievements and practical experience, however, will be the personal qualities you bring.
- You must be eager to learn, happy to share your opinions, and focused clearly on what you want to achieve.
- Above all, you must be ready to carve your own career path while shaping our organisation for the future.
Details for Each Career Path:
- Corporate and Investment Banking: The Investment Banking division within Barclays Africa has a strong inter-country network across the continent coupled with the benefit of having access to the global resources and expertise of Barclays. This enables the division to provide effective solutions across a wide variety of services, which will enable you to meet a broad range of requirements while ensuring an intimate knowledge of local markets.
- Retail and Business Banking: Through Absa, Retail and Business Banking offers individuals and businesses a range of comprehensive banking solutions and products. The Retail Banking business unit functions within an extensive network of branches supported by ATMs, relationship managers and online/cell phone banking facilities. The Business Banking unit offers commercial solutions to the large, medium, small and agri sectors. Retail and Business Banking offers exciting opportunities to anyone interested in the products and services we offer our customers.
- Wealth, Investment Management and Insurance: The Wealth, Investment Management and Insurance cluster is one of the largest in South Africa and is a wholly owned Bancassurance, an arm of the Barclays Africa group. This business unit aims to simplify wealth creation, while developing and maintaining long-term relationships with stakeholders, providing a product and service that exceeds our clients’ expectations.
- Group Functions: Group Functions support the business units across the continent. We partner with different areas of business to provide expertise and learning to develop and deliver a core offering of products, services and tools. The Group Functions and Technology business units are both relevant and suited to graduates who have specialised in Computer Science, Information Technology, Chartered Accounting, Management Accounting and Finance, Risk Management, Law, Mathematics, Business Science, Statistics, Data Science, Digital, Finance and Economics.
- Technology: If you are passionate about technology’s ability to change the way we live and think, technology is the perfect programme for you. As a graduate, you’ll be part of an organisation that challenges and inspires you. One that gives you access to local expertise, a continental footprint and a world of opportunity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online, Click Here, and decide which career path suits their personal ambitions with full academic results/transcripts and updated CV.
- Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for a telephonic or campus interview
- Should you be successful at the interview stage, you will need to complete an online psychometric assessment
- Success at the psychometric stage will progress you to the final stage – an assessment centre which will include a panel interview, group assessment and presentation
- All applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome of their application at every stage of the process.
Deadline: 30th June, 2016