Baringo County Job Vacancy : Chief Officers in Kenya (12 Positions)
Baringo County Government
County Public Service Board
Pursuant to the provisions of The County Government Act, No.17 of 2012 Section 35, 36, 44 and 45, Baringo County Public Service Board wishes to consider applications from highly qualified, results-oriented and self motivated Kenyan citizens for appointment to the following positions:
The Chief Officer shall be the authorized officer in a specific department and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member.
Applicants should specify in the application letter the portfolio for which they wish to head.
- Chief Officer, Finance and Economic Planning.
- Chief Officer, Health Services.
- Chief Officer, Agriculture.
- Chief Officer, Livestock and Fisheries.
- Chief Officer, Housing, Lands and Urban Development
- Chief Officer, Public Works, Transport and Infrastructure.
- Chief Officer, Education, Sports, Culture and Social Services8. Chief Officer, Youth, Gender, e-Government and CT
- Chief Officer, Water and Irrigation
- Chief Officer, Environment, Natural Resources, Tourism and Wildlife Management.
- Chief Officer, Devolution, Public Service and Administration.
- Chief Officer, Industry, Commerce, Enterprise and Cooperative Development
Duties and Responsibilities
- The administration of the County department
- Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain vision 2030 and sector goals.
- Development and implementation of County’s strategic and Integrated Development Plans and sector development plans
- Implementation of policies, regulations and laws
- Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery
- Promotion of National Values and Principles as well as ensuring compliance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Determine, manage and develop the department’s workforce including execution of performance contracts and appraisal of staff
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.4. Must be a member of a professional body relevant to the position applied for and in good standing
- Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years in the relevant field, five of which should be in a managerial position
- Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the devolution laws
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of county development objectives and vision 2030
- Be a strategic thinker and results oriented
- Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet timelines
- Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Satisfies the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Must be computer literate.
Terms of service: Contract
All applicants should meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution and must have the following clearances attached to the applications:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- A Certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of Clearance from any of the Credit References Bureaus in the Country
How to Apply
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, copy of Identity Card and testimonials should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
The Secretary/CEO County Public Service Board Baringo County Mwalimu Plaza 2nd Floor, West Wing P.O. Box 585-30400, Kabarnet
So as to reach the Offices mentioned above on or before 11th September, 2017.
Candidates are advised against canvassing.
This information is also available in the County’s website www.baringo.go.ke and face book Baringo County Government.
NB: Baringo County Government is an equal opportunity Government and all are encouraged to apply as provided in the advert.