Baringo County Job Vacancy : County Executive Committee Members (10 Positions)
Pursuant to the provision of The County Government Act, No. 17 of 2012 Section 35, 36 and 45, the Office of the Governor wishes to consider application from highly qualified, results – oriented and self motivated Kenyan citizens for appointment to the positions indicated below.
Applicants should specify in the application letter the portfolio for which they wish to head;
County Executive Committee Members
- CEC, Finance and Economic Planning
- CEC, Lands, Housing and urban Development
- CEC, Agriculture, Livestock Development and Fisheries
- CEC, Health Services.
- CEC, Water and Irrigation.
- CEC, Transport, Public Works and Infrastructure.
- CEC, Education, Sports, Culture and Social Services.
- CEC, Devolution, Public Service Management and Administration,Youth Affairs and ICT
- CEC, Industry, Commerce, Enterprise and Cooperative Development
- CEC, Environment, Natural Resources, Tourism and Wildlife management.
Duties and Responsibilities;
Duties and Responsibilities are as prescribed in The Constitution of Kenya 2010 section, 183 and County Government Act, No. 17 of 2012 section 36.
Requirements for Appointment;
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of at least a first degree from a university recognized in Kenya
- Possession of a Masters degree will be an added advantage
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than ten years in the field relevant to the portfolio of the department to which the person is being appointed.
- Shall not hold any other state or public office.
- Must be computer literate.
NOTE: In order to fulfill requirements of chapter six of the Constitution, Interested applicants for the above positions are required to obtain the following;
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Terms of Service: Contract
Salary: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission Guideline
Baringo County is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Those who are currently working with the County Government and are interested are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Letters of application, CV’s, copies of academic and professional certificates and documents relevant to compliance with chapter six in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for should reach the undersigned on or before 11th September, 2017 by close of business.
County Secretary and Head of Public Service P.O. Box 53-30400,