Electrical Supervisor Job at Base Titanium
Base Titanium Limited is a whollyowned subsidiary of the Australian and UK listed company, Base Resources. It is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Kwale is the first large scale mining development in Kenya and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of the successful development of the project. Pragmatic and proactive candidates with strong integrity and who work well in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
As a member of the Maintenance Team, you will report to the Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent. You will be responsible for supervising and providing technical guidance in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems in the support of the operational activities within the Kwale & Likoni mine sites & associated facilities.
Responsibilities for the Electrical Supervisor Job
- Ensuring proper maintenance of equipment & compliance with relevant electrical codes and safety regulations
- Improving maintenance efficiency and effectiveness
- Scheduling routine inspections and tests of all electrical machinery, earthing systems, apparatus and cables including overhead & underground HV and LV power lines required
- Supervising all work carried out is in accordance with all relevant statutory regulations
- Managing downtime due to breakdown maintenance
- Promoting a safe work environment
- Leading, training and coaching the team in support of employee development
- Facilitating and planning for skills transfer to the team in line with Base succession plan
Qualifications for the Electrical Supervisor Job
- A Higher National Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of post training experience with at least 2 years relevant experience in a supervisory position
- Detailed knowledge of best practice isolation and electrical safe work procedures
- A sound and demonstrable knowledge of good Electrical Engineering practice
- Good Electrical fault finding and problem solving skills
- Sound practical experience of Electrical Isolation procedures
- Experience with large electrical motors, plant automation, PLC controls ( Schneider preferred), VSDs, sensors, single and three phase power
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the electrical trade
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations
- Competence in spoken and written English
- Strong leadership and a people oriented outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
How To Apply
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization, we encourage you to apply to the Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent at http://www.teamiq.com/BaseTitanium/2643 by no later than 4th April 2017.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a practical and written assessment and also attend a panel interview.