British American Tobacco
Exciting Career Opportunities
We are hiring!!!
Role: Government Affairs Manager
Scope: East and Central Africa Area
Job Purpose: The Government Affairs Manager will be responsible for shaping the regulatory landscape to provide opportunities for our business to grow, protecting our brands, commercial interests and corporate reputation.
- Monitor the external regulatory developments, analyse and interpret information relating to the regulatory environment and advise the business of the potential impact.
- Develop and implement strategies and initiatives to promote sensible regulatory frameworks in the company’s area of operation within East & Central Africa Area.
- Provide strategic input on regulatory issues, trade and tax policies that impact the business to secure our competitiveness, facilitate market access, compete fairly, and mitigate potential risks
- Develop and implement strategies for the business to capture value and mitigate risks in respect to the international and regional trade blocs in our area of operation e.g. Common Market for Eastern & Southern Africa (COMESA) and East Africa Community (EAC).
- Develop effective working relationships with regulators and co-ordinate targeted engagements as may be required.
- Implement strategies to protect the company’s intellectual property and ensure that a robust reputation management program is in place.
Skills and Experience
- A degree in Law, International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Economics
- Working knowledge of public affairs, trade blocs and fiscal policy generally.
- Ability to apply basic project management principles to campaign execution
- At least 4 years’ work experience in a similar role within Government, international institution or FMCG’s.
- Appreciation/understanding of legislation, public affairs and policy making processes
- Ability to build and sustain good working relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong commercial acumen with good leadership and interpersonal skills
How to Apply