Few companies founded in 1902 are still going from strength to strength. Fewer still are leaders in more than 55 markets. And with one billion adult smokers around the world, we manufacture the cigarettes chosen by around one in eight of them. We take our business and our impact very seriously. We know the tobacco industry is a controversial one, and so it’s all the more important that we act responsibly, from the sourcing of tobacco leaf right through to how we market our products to adult consumers. Global to local Our business operates at a local, as well as global, level. We don’t own tobacco farms or directly employ farmers. More than 1,000 BAT leaf technicians worldwide support some 90,000 contracted farmers worldwide. We are a part of many local communities – both large and small – around the world, and in many countries we are the top employer and the company of choice for people employed at every stage of our supply chain. In 2015, we sold 663 billion cigarettes, made in 44 factories in 41 countries. We employ more than 50,000 people worldwide, with many more indirectly employed through our supply chain. British American Tobacco alone contributed approximately £30 billion to governments worldwide in excise and other taxes in 2015. Acting responsibly We take pride in the responsible way that our businesses are run. And the recognition and awards we’ve received over the decades show it’s not just us who think we’re doing the right thing. We were the first tobacco company to be included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index in 2002 – and we’ve been included every year since. We know that in order to continue our success and grow our business we need to operate sustainably. And that will depend on us satisfying not only our shareholders, but also our many other stakeholders.
Trainee Electrical Technician
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Engineering / Technical Graduate Jobs / Internships
To learn and practice to carry out planned and corrective maintenance on electrical ,electronics systems (PLCs) ,factory instrumentation ,pneumatic systems and ensure maximum availability of machines, equipment and utilities. Also learn safety feature installed on the machine and practice enforcing them.
- Learn and practice trouble shooting and carrying out repairs on production lines with the aim of reducing factory downtime.
- Learn & practice to carry out planned maintenance on electrical plant equipment like vacuum pumps, boilers, compressors, generators, HV panels and power stabilizers.
- Learn & practice to carry out a monthly audit on safety interlocks and practice repairing any faulty interlocks.
- Learn & practice to repair electrical components and equipment to reduce cost of spares.
- Practice carrying out electrical installations to latest Edition of IEE regulation standards of BAT Co guidelines under supervision of the electrical technician manager.
- Checking motors for proper operation and servicing of the same in case of malfunction.
- Keep accurate records of quality detector condition daily (for PMD & SMD )
- Learn & practice to work on radioactive mean weight control equipment during repairs or routine maintenance under prescribed safety standards.
- Proper house keeping by ensuring 5S is adhered to at the electrical workshop, cabinets, catalogues manuals and workplaces.
- Keep daily records/report of work done.
- The Job Holder must have at least an Ordinary National Diploma in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar position in a manufacturing environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to effectively work in a team and communicate with the team members, managers and other stakeholders from other sections/departments.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to British American Tobacco (BAT) career website on krb-xjobs.brassring.com to apply