Reporting to the Head of Security & Anti-Illicit Trade (AIT), the AIT Manager will coordinate the development and implementation of our AIT strategy for ECAA. Leading the AIT effort this role co-ordinates a multi-faceted, holistic approach to tackling illicit tobacco in our key markets across ECAA. This will involve key stakeholder engagement both internally to BAT and externally in order to anticipate, identify, assess and reduce opportunities for illicit trade (IT) to adversely impact BAT’s volumes, market share, brand equity and operating profits within ECAA and beyond (where ECAA is a source of IT that impacts other Areas).
- Provide leadership and drive the ECAA AIT Strategy to implement a coherent engagement plan with key stakeholders to create a multifaceted, multi-agency approach to tackling the issue of illicit trade in ECA.
- Provide comprehensive Illicit Trade Threat Assessments (ITTA) and related reports on the size, trends and impact of IT on BAT and legal competitors in the Area.
- Regularly update our internal stakeholders to encourage two-way sharing of information on emerging ITTP trends in order to get prompt & accurate insights from end markets.
- Build and manage relationships across Functions as Chair of the AIT Tasking Group (AITTG) to ensure that the business’ strategies and plans are understood, in order that AIT programmes are aligned, responsive, effective and cost-efficient in supporting those business objectives.
- Through influencing and partnership with Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) and other stakeholders to develop strategies to drive proactive engagement and enforcement against IT activities. Encourage cross border co-operation between relevant ECA LEA’s to mitigate the risk against illicit flow across porous ECA borders.
- Work closely with Legal & External Affairs (LEX) team in building and sustaining a robust public affairs campaign across media that supports the AIT Strategy in key areas
- Close collaboration with Legal & External Affairs (LEX) team advocating to Government bodies on the adoption of legislation, such as FCTC Protocol to Eliminate Illicit Trade in Tobacco, Products and driving legislative changes to create a level playing field for FMCG business in ECAA
- Work with LEX Government Affairs team to create the political will to make the fight against IT a national and international agenda.
- Ensure that AIT best practices are used, to include all aspects of measurement and reporting of IT incidence, and use of preferred technologies that enhance the integrity of the product supply chain, in line with BAT’s Supply Chain Tracking & Verification (SCTV) objectives.
- Manage the sample verification process and safe keeping of samples as evidence, and the issue of relevant affidavits and documents for court proceedings in conjunction with Legal function.
- Develop and manage a training programme aimed at sensitising the relevant authorities and other stakeholders on tobacco and cigarette illicit trade issues. Conduct capacity building AIT cross -border workshops for LEA.
- Build and manage good working relationships with other BAT stakeholders (including EEMEA Region and other Areas) to enable and enhance our capabilities in mitigating AIT threats.
- Build a network of contacts within other companies, especially FMCG, affected by IT.
- Plan budgets to allow the AIT strategy to be delivered and execute responsibilities within budget.
- Train BAT staff and Service Providers, to enable effective participation in the AIT strategy.
- Display sound, mature judgement and decision-making, with a proven track record in providing direction, planning and establishing priorities that ensure an effective work structure that maximizes productivity and achieves goals.
- Understanding of business reputational risk and ensure BAT high standards are met at all times.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills allowing effective relationships to be built and leveraged, both internally and externally at all levels.
- Ability to produce timely, accurate and concise written and verbal reports and reviews.
- Set standards and lead by example and innovation, motivating and inspiring high performance by the AIT team.
- Experience in managing 3rd parties and service providers.
- Experience in project and programme management.
- Ability to assimilate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the global tobacco industry, including the materials, components, manufacturing, marketing and supply chain
- Effectively contributes to defining budgets and ensures resource usage within limits.
- Builds and maintains an in-depth understanding of the issues surrounding illicit trade and in the options available to the business to enhance its resilience against the IT threat.
- Ability to train internal & external stakeholders in AIT requirements and activities
- Ability to deal credibly and professionally with BAT managers, government officials, lawyers and external investigators.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree Qualification or higher
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role at a senior management level in a Multinational Company
Working at BAT British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here