British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Security Risk and Resilience Manager to join our team in Kenya, Nairobi.
Reporting to the Area Head of Security & Anti-Illicit Trade, this manager will develop, implement and manage a first class service responsible for the Security Risk Management (SRM) programme, the Business Continuity Management (BCM) process, End Market Security and ECAA Investigations.
The SRRM will provide a continuous, co-ordinated and comprehensive service of the highest quality, ensuring that threats to company personnel, assets and business operations & activities in the East Africa Markets are properly identified, evaluated and countered in a timely and cost effective manner. The SRRM is a key player in the wider Area Security team, working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve mutual support as required and support the development, implementation and execution of the functional strategy and objectives.
- Provide leadership and expertise in all threat intelligence and investigative matters in East and Central Africa Area (ECAA)
- Proactively promote a threat-driven security programme, driving a customer service culture that is effectively integrated with the business and which enables consistent standards of security risk mitigation.
- Manage the Security Risk Management (SRM) programme to implement a comprehensive threat-driven, intelligence-led capability, enabling BAT ECAA to understand threats and determine priorities, mitigate against risk in a proportionate, cost effective manner, to allocate resources and direct investigative efforts effectively, against all security threat sources.
- Provide security advice, planning and support for both our supply chain and for visitors in and out of the end markets.
- Develop the skills, knowledge and capabilities of the Security Investigations Manager to enable them to achieve best practice capabilities in all forms of Security and AIT investigations.
- Develop the Threat Information Analyst in providing timely and actionable strategic and operational threat analysis for BAT in ECAA by threat horizon scanning utilising all available information to enable the business to operate at optimal capacity across a dynamic and volatile business environment.
- Manage the small Marketing Security Team across ECAA to ensure that they operate as a business enabler that ensures other parts of the business can operate with minimum disruption and risk.
- Support the Security & AIT team in the development of an extensive network of contacts to enable them to liaise effectively with law enforcement and security agencies across the Area.
- Deliver Security reports and advisories to provide decision support intelligence and advice to management teams at all levels, as appropriate.
- Ensure that service providers remain effective, efficient and focused, delivering first class services, using regular engagement and performance review, with KPI monitoring.
- Identify issues that would impact other initiatives and manage the interdependencies.
- Build and manage relationships across functions to ensure that relevant business strategies and plans are understood, so as to ensure that the threat intelligence and investigation capability is aligned, responsive, effective and cost-efficient in supporting those objectives.
- Build and manage relationships with other BAT stakeholders to enable and enhance our intelligence and investigation capability in respect of all Security threats to the business.
- Coordinate and facilitate our Business Continuity & Crisis Management programme, supporting the business in the development, implementation and embedding of an effective, integrated and holistic BC capability to ensure timely response and recovery of business operations in the event of any significant disruption.
- Ensure that security and business continuity issues are identified and treated during the planning and execution stages of significant business projects and initiatives across the markets.
- Enable timely intelligence support to the ECAA Crisis Management structure and teams.
- Oversee the coordination of the Crisis Management structures.
- Be accountable for incident recording and investigation, and for regular reporting of loss incidents in accordance with the Group’s Loss Reporting Guidelines.
- Ensure that any lessons drawn from threat studies and investigations are fed into the Security Education, Awareness and Training programme and brought out in awareness products.
- Deliver training on security and situational awareness to the business
- Be the subject matter expert for the business on Information Protection and deliver the Global Information Protection Campaign across ECAA.
- Display sound, mature judgement and decision-making, with a proven track record in providing direction, planning and establishing priorities that ensure an effective work structure that maximizes productivity and achieves goals.
- Ability to make swift, balanced decisions in emergencies or when rapid response is required.
- Set standards and lead by example, motivating and inspiring high performance by the Security team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills allowing effective relationships.
- Ability to produce timely, accurate and concise written and verbal reports and reviews.
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and service providers.
- Ability to conduct objective enquiries and investigations into security and loss incidents & breaches by determining facts, understanding vulnerability and drawing appropriate, supportable conclusions, to make recommendations that will help to prevent recurrence
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis of threats, security risks and operational threat actors.
- Accurate and concise reports are submitted on time, including those required by the Area Security & AIT Manager, and any agreed action effectively implemented in a timely manner.
- Effectively contributes to defining budgets and ensures resource usage within limits.
- Discretion and the ability to handle and protect sensitive information with a sound knowledge of the ‘need to know’ principles.
- Ability to deal credibly and professionally with BAT managers, government officials, lawyers and external investigators.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree Qualification or higher
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role at a senior management level in a Multinational Company
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here