British American Tobacco (BAT)Exciting Career Opportunity
We are hiring!
Requirement Overview: To proficiently analyse smoke, blend and physical characteristics of tobacco and tobacco related products in the laboratory following ISO 17025 and Global BAT methodologies.
- Analyze and determine physical, smoke and blend characteristics of test items in accordance with documented quality management system.
- Prepare and formulate casings and flavours used in the manufacture of quality tobacco products.
- Perform trend analysis on results and initiate corrective action.
- Keep all records of activities performed in the laboratory from their original data to the final records as required by the laboratory management system
- Calibrate testing equipment in accordance with the documented laboratory quality management system so as to ensure integrity of the results.
- Inspect and analyse in-coming supplies to ensure that the laboratory receives the best quality supplies and services.
- Safeguard the integrity of test items, testing equipment, reference standards, reference materials, reagents, laboratory apparatus through secure storage and handling.
- Maintain the work environment in a clean and safe state through proper housekeeping and 5S
- Participate fully in laboratory’s management reviews to continually improve its management system.
- Carry out internal quality audits of the laboratory management system
- Evaluate, compile and present results of analysis for easy interpretation by customers
- Identify and report non-conformances in the laboratory management system and implement preventive and corrective actions
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or any other related field
- Knowledge of ISO management system
- Experience – at least 2 years experience in laboratory operations.
- Knowledge in statistical process control (SPC)