British American Tobacco
We are hiring!
Job Purpose: Reporting to the HR Shared Services Manager, to provide efficient systems and procedures that will enable a smooth and controlled payroll process, across the East & Central Africa Area.
As such hold full accountability for payroll administration, timeliness, accuracy and compliance to statutory laws and regulations.
Key Deliverables :
- Compile and coordinate payroll data inputs from all end markets within the East & Central Africa Area for both local, international assignees and pensioners as appropriate.
- Compile quarterly establishment costs as well as company plan numbers for East & Central Africa Area
- Ensure relevant Payroll sign offs as per approvals framework.
- Do a month to month analysis of staff guaranteed earnings to ensure that they are in line with the Two Thirds Rule.
- Work in conjunction with Finance to ensure that the monthly payroll journal is posted in time.
- Implement any payroll actions as detailed in the Collective Bargaining Agreement in collaboration with Employee Relations Manager.
- Coordination with payroll service providers for all check off deductions.
- Administer Bonus and Salary increments including calculation based on guidelines.
- Respond to payroll related issues logged in the HR Helpdesk database/received through email and ensure that they are resolved.
- Administer both Local Staff and International Assignees salaries and benefits in collaboration with Reward Assistant and the Reward Manager.
- Manage leavers register (contact, bank account details) and ensure Provident Fund benefits are paid within 30 days on notification of termination/leaving.
- Calculation of redundancy terms for employees leaving for sign off by HR Business Partner, Area Head of HR.
- Monitoring of third party service providers in collaboration with Procurement.
- Consistently deliver a satisfactory rating in annual payroll audits.
- Ensure that new staff joining the organization and IA’s coming in are fully inducted on how the payroll process works.
- Coordination of all statutory returns/deductions (income tax, etc.) with an aim of ensuring 100% compliance.
- Build & maintain symbiotic relationships with all statutory bodies including Revenue Authority, Social Security Fund, Hospital Insurance Fund & Higher Educations Loans Board.
- A degree in HR, Finance, Social Sciences or related field.
- A background in a Human Resource environment or excellent understanding of HR reward & benefits.
- One to three years working experience in the same capacity.
- Qualification in professional finance courses such as CPA, ACCA.
- Proven Customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills
How to Apply
Internal Candidates & to refer a candidate – visit the global interact site > my employment > [email protected]
External Candidate: www.bat.com
Applications close on 15th September 2015.
British American Tobacco is an equal opportunity employer.