Administration Assistant Job at Beacon of Hope
The position is to provide administrative and office secretarial and logistics support to the assigned department and create a welcoming atmosphere for all the visitors and support staff accordingly.
Duties for the Administration Assistant Job
- Keep the reception area clean, neat and tidy and give a warm welcome to clients and visitors.
- Screen all visitors to determine the purpose of their business within the premises and use discretion as to whether they can be granted access or whether they need an appointment
- Keep a daily record and including contacts of all visitors/parents.
- Assist the security team by keeping a lookout for any suspicious activities or any incidence or occurrences that require reporting to the head of security
- Dispatch any mail and deliveries sent to the academy to the relevant person
- Communicate any information to parents or guardians as required
- Direct Job applicants to leave their application at the administration block
- Handling both outside and inside callers with courtesy and respect.
- Note down any messages from clients to academy staff who may be out of office
- Assist in making emails/ calls to stakeholders during official functions when requested
- Monitor and control the use of the stationary ensuring there is prudent use of this stationary.
- Type and copy all the required office documents as requested by the college team
- Assist the Principal in ensuring that school policies and procedures are carried out at all times
- Have overall responsibility for the efficient administration in such matters as updating schemes of work, typing of examination papers and other reports.
- Keep an organised record and backup of all records of the department that may be required for future reference such as reports
- Ensure the working environment is pleasant and safe for pupils, and staff and recommend any improvements to the Principal and Head of Education and training.
- Monitor and record attendance of parents or guardians at parents’ meetings and arrange alternative meetings where necessary
- Assist the Principal and other college staff in procedure of ordering items for the section such as furniture, other equipment, and stationery
- Liaise with the administration department in repair or replacement of any damaged tools and equipmentother similar duties;
- Enter data for the department into the Data system for purposes of reporting and generating reports for internal use and to send to partners.
- Develop an internal comprehensive filing systems for all documents on hard and softcopy.
Financial record keeping:
- Ensure that all the financial records regarding student payments are updated daily and prepare summary reports as requested from time to time for the College or Finance department use.
- Inform all parents and guardians of the proper procedure to make payments
- Participate in the daily devotion with other staff members.Perform other duties as assigned.
Administration Assistant Job Qualifications
- Diploma in secretarial studies
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency in computer packages such as MS word, power-point and spreadsheets.
- Must have knowledge of desktop publishing.
- Strong organizational, office and time management skills and a good planner
- Strong interpersonal and inter-cultural skills.
- Dynamic, proactive and creative.
- Strong sense of initiative and self-drive.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal, public relation and customer care skills
- Must have good typing skills
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Possess basic bookkeeping or accounting skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
Special Working Conditions
The job may demand long hours of work and at times work under pressure. The nature of work requires that strict deadlines must always be met.
How to Apply
All interested applicants to please send their cvs to [email protected] .The position is opened until filled.