Assistant Teacher Job at Beacon Of Hope
Reports to: Class Teacher
Location :BoH Academy – Ongata Rongai
The position is responsible for supporting the class teachers in ensuring children are kept clean and safe at all times.
Roles for the Assistant Teacher Job
- Assist in receiving children in the morning and releasing them in the evening to the parents/guardians
- Assist in serving of children during meal times and take them to sleep thereafter
- Assist in ensuring learning facility and environment is clean, hygienic and safe for learning
- Assist in taking care of children to make sure they are safe, secure, and kept comfortable while in school.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect children from any harm and injury that might be caused by equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist the Class Teacher in preparation of instructional and teaching materials.
- Assist the Class Teacher in creating a friendly and conducive learning environment for children.
- Alert the Class Teacher to special needs of individual pupils.
- Help the Class Teacher in maintaining order in the classroom.
- Provide escort and assistance to children as necessary especially on going to the toilet, keeping them clean and providing them with necessary training.
- Assist in implementing positive discipline when required
- Assist in providing various experiences and activities for children including songs, games and story telling
- Participate in community activities that promote wellbeing of children
- Ensure equipment and the facility are clean, well maintained and safe at all times
- Provide emergency procedures and first aid when required
- Perform other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by the management.
Assistant Teacher Job Requirements
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development.
- Certificate in First Aid
- Effective verbal and listening skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be compassionate and understanding
- Must be passionate about children
- Prior experience not required but limited experience working with children is an added advantage.
How to Apply
All interested applicants to please send their cvs to [email protected] .The position is opened until filled.