Job Title: Project Assistant
Organisation: Build Africa
Funding Source: Big Lottery Fund UK
Project Name: Improving Learning and Attainment in Primary Education, Uganda (ILEAP) Project
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Officer
Build Africa is an international NGO that has been operational in Uganda since 1996. Build Africa Uganda (BAU) programmes focus on Education and Livelihood improvement. BAU currently works in 13 districts with its field programs coordinated through two Area offices located in Kumi and Masindi.
About ILEAP Project:
Build Africa has secured funding from Big Lottery Fund UK to implement a three year project – Improving Learning and Attainment in Primary Education, Uganda (ILEAP) that aims at ensuring that boys and girls in P1 to P3 receive support for their learning, both in and out of school. This is to enable them acquire the fundamental skills they need in order to achieve a good level of educational attainment. Implemented in 40 primary schools within Ngora and Bukedea districts, the ILEAP project will work directly with three key target groups; children in early years of school, teachers of early years classes and parents of the children in early years.
Job Summary: The Project Assistant will be responsible for ILEAP activity implementation to include school and community mobilization, training, community partnership liaison, data capture and reporting. S/he will significantly contribute to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) function.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should hold a relevant degree from a recognized University with at least (Social Work/ Community Development)
• At least a year’s experience working with development projects, preferably with an Education component.
• Ability to communicate effectively at a number of different levels and methods
• Good adult facilitation skills
• Prior exposure and experience of working with child protection framework
• Previous experience of working with children in an education setting
• Good report writing and computer skills.
• Prior exposure and experience of working with children in an education setting
• Ability to work in harsh remote environments
• Previous experience with participatory rural appraisal techniques
• Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid Rider’s permit.
• Ability to communicate in the local language
• A high degree of integrity that will model BAU’s core values.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs/resumes including your contact information and three work-related, current salary and expectations and send them to:
The Human Resources Officer Kampala or email to: email@example.com
Physically submit applications to the address below;
Build Africa Uganda- Kampala (Head Office),
Plot 431 &424, Central Zone, Off Gaba Road,
P.O. Box 7224 Kampala.
Build Africa Uganda- Kumi, Plot 28 Liang Road, P.O. Box 350 Kumi.
Build Africa Uganda- Masindi, Plot 2 Kabalega Crescent, P.O. Box 66 Masindi. Uganda.
Deadline: 16th October, 2015 by 1:00 PM