The individual will be responsible for planning, organizing, and developing the overall operation of the accommodation and housekeeping department, in accordance with the USAID contract and BMMI guidelines, as well as ensuring that the highest degree of quality guest care is maintained at all times.
Front Office Job Responsibilities
- Manage the daily activities of the housekeeping department to include cleaning of all offices, concourses, seating areas, washrooms, restaurants, accommodations and all public spaces.
- Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction, with daily supervision of the housekeeping staff.
- Purchase, re-order and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory, while maintaining the housekeeping budget, providing billing summaries and expenses.
- Recruit, schedule and train all new housekeeping employees.
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, as well as conduct and ensure that rooms are made as per company standard.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all equipment as well as take care of arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
- Attending and resolving guest complaints.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Proven superior customer service skills.
- Detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability.
- Able to take decisions independently and handle problems associated with: staff planning, discipline, welfare and development.
- Adaptable and flexible to work in challenging environment
- Ability to monitor inventory.
- Knowledge of budgeting or accounting is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of housekeeping process and procedures.
- Knowledge of hotel front office administration
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within housekeeping department.
Qualifications for the Front Office Job
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the hotel/hospitality industry, or equivalent relevant experience is required.
- The candidate must have demonstrated thorough knowledge of the typical US standards of housekeeping and hotel reception.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervision experience, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- Experience of working in Africa, ideally in more than one country.
- College degree, preferably in Hospitality Management or a related field.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates should apply on the Email [email protected]