BOC Kenya Limited is a market leader in industrial and medical gases, welding equipment and consumables, medical equipment and related services.
The company operates to the highest global standards and has access to the latest in cutting edge research and technologies provided by its parent company, The Linde Group of Germany.
The company has established subsidiaries in Tanzania and Uganda with a distribution network of
resellers within the East African Region.
A candidate is sought to fill the position of Managing Director, Kenya, reporting to the General Manager: Emerging Africa Region.
The successful candidate will ensure Kenya continues to grow and develop in line with the country’s initiatives through the review, development and implementation of appropriate strategies and policies.
Key areas of responsibility are:-
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers, suppliers and other players in the industry in order to grow the business;
- Ensuring a safe and secure environment is created and maintained in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda and ensuring commitment to meeting the Linde/BOC SHEQ objectives;
- Developing and implementing policies, strategies and plans to ensure improved profitability develop and maintain an organisational structure appropriate to the changing needs of the business;
- Ensuring that key positions in the organisation are staffed with the calibre of people who are motivated to meet ongoing challenges and are given the necessary training and development to meet these challenges;
- Ensuring the ongoing improvement of working relationships and focus in particular on improving and developing local skills and talent;
- Ensuring the favourable representation of Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda in the local business community;
- Ensuring that BOC Kenya and its subsidiaries meet its current and future business objectives in line with the demanding growth agenda of Emerging Africa;
- Ensuring that there is increasing focus on BOP and BCP initiatives;
- Ensuring BOC Kenya and its subsidiaries are at all times maintaining the highest level of governance around its operations and that the principles of the Linde/BOC Code of Conduct are maintained in all it does;
- Ensuring that financial disciplines and controls are maintained at all times.
The successful candidate will be in possession of an Engineering or Business Administration tertiary qualification with 10 to 15 years’ experience in a senior managerial role.
The incumbent will have strong leadership qualities coupled with excellent communication skills and a track record of successful business accomplishments.
Ideally the person will be customer focused and results driven, with a high performance and teamwork orientation.
Strategic thinking, cross-cultural communication & cooperation, negotiation & conflict resolution and business acumen complete the profile for this challenging position.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to: [email protected]
“Application for Managing Director” in the subject line
The Human Resources Manager, BOC Kenya Ltd. P.O. Box 18010-00500 Nairobi
Closing Date: 26th August 2015