Duma Works is recruiting a Data Analyst for our client, The Boma Project.
Position Overview: The BOMA Project seeks a Data Analyst to conduct analysis of program data for reporting and to provide real-time feedback to program staff.
The ideal candidate will have advanced skills in Stata, two or more years of experience conducting data analysis, knowledge of statistics, and strong writing skills.
Applicants who can demonstrate commitment, flexibility, enthusiasm and good team skills are preferred.
The position reports to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager of The BOMA Project in Kenya.
Qualified individuals from Marsabit and Samburu are encouraged to apply.
- Conduct analysis of current and historical program data
- Use data to identify program gaps and trends
- Compile and present data in a way that is easy to understand
- Innovate new ways to visualize data
- Prepare reports for donors
- Adhere to project deadlines
- Develop reporting templates and other standardized tools for reporting and monitoring
- At least one year of experience conducting data analysis using Stata (skills to be tested during interview)
- Experience cleaning large data sets
- Knowledge of statistics
- Naturally curious and analytical; able to sort through extensive data and craft hypotheses
- Strong writing skills with experience preparing reports and technical documents
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, monitoring and evaluation or other relevant field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, communication and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to project timelines
- Experience using electronic data collection platforms
- Experience using Sales Force
- Experience using GIS systems
Location: The BOMA Project, Nanyuki Office
How to Apply
Applications open to Rwandan residents. Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2468”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2468 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. Deadline for receiving applications: 15th October 2016 N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.