Book Keeper. Rwanda
Open Position – Rwanda
H2O is offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced bookkeeper to work within an international team of social entrepreneurs developing ambitious new agricultural enterprises in Rwanda as part of a six year fully funded programme.
What is H2O Venture Partners?
H2O Venture Partners (www.h2ovp.com) is a ground-breaking business in the field of social entrepreneurship and impact investment. Based in Oxford, UK, and Kigali, and with interest more widely in East Africa and also in India, we are a team of entrepreneurs and support staff. We originate new business ideas and then run a full, highly creative process of business creation. Increasingly we apply our skills to impact investment: creating sustainable, profitable enterprises benefiting the poor of emerging economies.
Who are we looking for?
You will be a reliable, highly organised and a good communicator, fluent in English and with the following key attributes:
Advanced knowledge of the following:
• Purchase Ledger – To post supplier invoices onto accounting software KashFlow. Run supplier payments allocating to account.
• Sales Ledger – To raise customer invoices on the sale of commodity. Receive payments and allocate them to appropriate accounts.
• Petty Cash – Deal with all cash transactions making sure that receipts are given a folio number and are reconciled to accounts programme. To make sure that at all times cash in the tin reconciles.
• Banking – To bank any payments received. Raise cheques and payments when required. Obtain statements on a monthly basis to allow for reconciliation.
• Staff Expenses – Manage staff advances in relation to expenses making sure that all claims are submitted on time and are processed against advance. To replenish advance in line with expenditure and make any additional payment as required to staff member.
• General Activities – To make sure all documents are filed in appropriate manner to allow for quick reference and audit. Making sure that all documents and transactions are entered onto the accounting system in a timely manner keeping accounts up to date at all times.
• Taxation – Provide information for taxation submission
• Payroll – Provide information for payroll to Accountants
• Bookkeeping qualification or qualified by experience
• Bank Reconciliation – Carry out reconciliation of all bank accounts and resolve any issues.
• Journal Entry – Produce journals as and when required in the course of accounting process
• Prepayments/Accruals – Understanding of the process of Prepayments and Accruals and be able to post them to the accounts accordingly.
• Accounting qualification: ACCA or CPA. Candidates with these certifications or in the process of studying for these certifications are the only ones that will be considered.
Terms & Conditions
• Full time
• Based in Kigali, Rwanda
• Remuneration commensurate with experience
Please respond with a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
We do not require certificates or transcripts at this time, please do not send.
We can accept MS word or PDF documents only.
Closing date: Friday, November 20th 2015.