Job Title: Book Keeper
Employer: Ingabo Trading and Training Company
Application Deadline: 15/08/2015
Job location:Kigali -Rwanda
REPORTING TO:Business and Finance Manager
CLASSIFICATION: 3 months’ probation, then fixed term
Company Description:Ingabo Trading and training Company is Rwandan registered company working in the hospitality industry and also a social enterprise supporting Aegis Trust. We operate three hostels in Rwanda – Discover Rwanda Youth Hostel in Kigali, Discover Rwanda Kayonza Eco-Lodge in the Eastern Province(Near Akagera National Park) and Discover Rwanda Gisenyi Beach in Gisenyi on the shores of Lake Kivu. At all our locations we provide accommodation, food, drinks, tours and various other services to internationals and local guests.
As a Social Enterprise, our profit is re-invested in Peace Building Education Programmes operated by Aegis Trust at the Kigali Genocide Memorial. We also have a training programme for young genocide survivors to get work skills training and opportunities for employment.
Role Description: The BookKeeper position creates records, monitors and reports on company financial transactions. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The Book Keeper also provides support to site managers with training and assistance in their accounting needs.
1. Understand and know how to use a balance sheet
2. Tag and monitor fixed assets
3. Prepare supplier’s Bills in a timely manner
4. Prepare and Issue Invoices and Pro-forma Invoices to Customers
5. Reconcile sales taxes from each location and report the amount for it each month
6. Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
7. Reconcile all bank Deposit at the end of each month
8. Maintain the petty cash fund for the HQ and record it
9. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
10. Provide administrative support to management as requested
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field of study
• Additional certification is preferable – such as CIMA, ACCA etc
1. Business experience,
2. Knowledge of bookkeeping and internationally recognised accounting principles.
3. Advanced level of IT skills
4. Business Oriented and passionate commitment to the business
5. Excellent written and spoken communication skills
6. Excellent spoken (and written) English and French Language
7. Patience and tact
8. Ability to stay calm under pressure and multi-task
9. Able to work unsupervised in a busy environment
10. Trustworthy and respectful
11. A good team player
12. Good problem solving skills
13. Ability to use computerized technology with excellent knowledge of QuickBooks, Outlook and Excel – knowing how to filter, sort, use formulas etc
14. Methodical approach to your work
15. Accuracy and attention to detail.
1. 1. Have proof of right to work in Rwanda / Rwandan ID
2. 2. Have a Rwandan bank account in your own name
3. Have a fixed place of residence, or be prepared to get one, near the lodge
1. Competitive Salary Offered
2. Healthcare insurance
SEND YOUR CV and application letter/email to [email protected] with subject: Application for Ingabo Book Keeper Position
Applications close on 15/08/2015.